Mauricio Pochettino says Tottenham Hotspur need lend a hand from English soccer bosses after his aspect had been given one day fewer to put collectively for their Champions League closing-16 second-leg tie than hosts Borussia Dortmund.
Spurs, who gained the dwelling leg 3-0, drew with Arsenal on Saturday, after Dortmund lost to Augsburg on Friday.
“It be outlandish that no-one has acknowledged something else about that,” acknowledged Pochettino.
“It be unattainable that one crew has 24 hours more to put collectively. It be wide.”
The Spurs boss persevered: “We need lend a hand from the FA, we favor lend a hand from the Premier League.
“I build no longer know whose fault it’s some distance. I build no longer know whether or no longer it’s some distance the FA, the Premier League, the club or the TV [who] wanted the fits to be on those days.”
Spurs appear to be up to the tag of the tie after beating the Bundesliga leaders at Wembley. Son Heung-min set the Premier League aspect forward, with Jan Vertonghen and Fernando Llorente including leisurely goals.
No aspect private ever gained a Champions League dwelling knockout game 3-0 after which been eradicated.
“All of us agree that initially we’ve to compose on Tuesday,” acknowledged Pochettino. “It would perchance well well be refined, we’ve to neglect the main leg, that must be our means.
“I private we’ve to play love constantly, try to rob. We’re going to no longer dispute the main leg. It be so important to open the sport at a trusty stage and be aggressive. That’s key.”
Dortmund captain Marco Reus acknowledged: “I bear in mind that we’re able to achieving the unattainable.
“There private already been some fits at this stadium that private made historical previous. We are going to deserve to switch to our limits if we are to in finding the goals within the trusty moments.”
Dortmund are in a horrid toddle of form, with one victory in seven video games in all competitions, as they’ve slipped from runaway Bundesliga leaders to exclusively high Bayern Munich on plot difference.
Boss Lucian Favre acknowledged: “We deserve to sort it out. We mustn’t let in any pointless goals. We are going to want a high performance and must quiet must play intelligently too. The whole lot’s that you just will be able to be in a situation to dispute of.”
Spurs midfielders Harry Winks (hip) and Eric Dier (tonsillitis) private travelled with the squad but are no longer at likelihood of open, Dele Alli remains out with a hamstring enviornment, although he would perchance well even return on the weekend.
Pretty-motivate Kieran Trippier has been left at dwelling with a “slight enviornment” in accordance with Pochettino.
- Tottenham private gained their three earlier encounters with Borussia Dortmund within the Champions League, twice in closing season’s neighborhood phases and within the main leg.
- Borussia Dortmund conceded more goals within the main leg against Tottenham than they did to your whole neighborhood phases (two).
- Borussia Dortmund private lost 10 of their closing 13 Champions League knockout video games (W3), after shedding exclusively belief to be one of their earlier 14 (W9 D4).
- Tottenham private scored in each and every of their closing 17 Champions League video games, their longest toddle within the opponents. They’ve furthermore exclusively ever lost one game within the Champions League (out of 31 played) by more than two clear goals, against Genuine Madrid on the Bernabeu in April 2011 (4-0).
- Raphael Guerreiro has scored four of Borussia Dortmund’s closing five goals within the Champions League.
- Tottenham’s Son Heung-min has scored nine goals in 11 video games in all competitions against Borussia Dortmund, more than he has against any varied aspect in his senior club profession.
- 100% of groups to private gained 3-0 at dwelling within the main leg of a Champions League knockout match private stepped forward to the next round (seven earlier cases).
Spurs’ possibilities of going via
Simon Gleave, head of sports evaluation, Gracenote
Ahead of the main legs, Tottenham Hotspur’s tie with Borussia Dortmund used to be estimated to be belief to be one of the vital two tightest matchups on this round – with Porto against Roma – by the Euro Membership Index.
Tottenham’s 3-0 rob at Wembley has modified that image although with Spurs now given a 93% likelihood of reaching the quarter-finals. Manchester City, Genuine Madrid and Paris St-Germain are the exclusively groups with a higher likelihood than Spurs of a attach within the closing eight.