INDIANAPOLIS — The Denver Broncos are taking steps to take two productive avid gamers on the roster.
Overall supervisor John Elway said Wednesday on the NFL Scouting Mix that the Broncos would exercise the 2019 contract alternatives on huge receiver Emmanuel Sanders and defensive halt Derek Wolfe.
“They’re true soccer avid gamers, so as that’s why we’re planning on exercising,” Elway said. “It be diversified instances, but, yeah, we’re planning on exercising each of those.”
Sanders’ topic would now not come as a surprise, as NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero previously reported on Feb. 20 that the Broncos had been expected to take the massive receiver in 2019.
Sanders, who led the Broncos in receiving final year with 71 catches for 868 yards, will join Courtland Sutton, DaeSean Hamilton and Tim Patrick as the Broncos’ projected top huge receivers for soon-to-be initiating quarterback Joe Flacco.
The Broncos can now not publicly touch upon the pending change to damage Flacco from the Baltimore Ravens until the start of the NFL’s novel calendar year on March 13. Flacco’s arrival shakes up the quarterback room, obviously, and Elway became unsure if Case Keenum, who signed a two-year deal in 2018, would be in Denver.
“We do now not know yet,” Elway said. “As I informed Case after I talked to him, diversified alternatives and that we’re going to work with him, and presents him time to evaluate of it. So, we will circle support with Case and leer where he’s, and dart from there.”
In the intervening time, the Broncos committing to preserving Wolfe no doubt presents stability and a recall to the protection.
Wolfe, who has spent seven seasons in Denver, started all 16 video games final year and totaled 43 tackles, 1.5 sacks, an interception and 6 passes defensed. On his profession with the Broncos, he has 26 sacks.