After making the rounds since being released by the Houston Texans, cornerback Kevin Johnson’s free-agent tour might per chance even be coming to a end.
The Buffalo Bills are expected to value Johnson pending final overview of the contract, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, by a supply urged of the distress.
Johnson, the 16th total secure of the 2015 NFL Draft with the Texans, has loads of abilities, nonetheless durability has been an distress throughout the final three seasons. He suffered a broken foot in 2016, dealt with a knee injury in 2017 and landed on injured reserve with a concussion in 2018.
In total over that span, he has regarded in 19 video games with eight begins after acting in 16 video games with 10 begins in his rookie season.
The pending arrival of Johnson in Buffalo will reunite him with Bills defensive backs coach John Butler, who held the same role with the Texans from 2014 to 2017.
Listed below are assorted transactions we are monitoring Monday:
1. The Detroit Lions are closing in on signing outdated skool Seattle Seahawks cornerback Justin Coleman, a supply told NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero on Monday. The deal would assemble Coleman the league’s absolute top-paid nickelback at $36 million over four years, Rapoport added.
Over the past two seasons in Seattle, the corner has tallied 19 passes defensed, three interceptions and two secure-sixes. Coleman beforehand spent two seasons beneath then-Patriots defensive coordinator and most modern Lions coach Matt Patricia.
The Lions have agreed on a deal for outdated skool Pittsburgh Steelers tight halt Jesse James, NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo experiences.
Detroit also offered that it released linebacker Trevor Bates.
2. The Washington Redskins are actively browsing several gamers — at the side of linebacker Zach Brown and Mason Foster — in alternate talks and are solid gamers for outdated skool Baltimore Ravens inside of linebacker C.J. Mosley, sources told Pelissero.
3. The Chicago Bears re-signed tight halt Ben Braunecker to a two-year deal. Since becoming a member of Chicago as a UDFA in 2016, Braunecker has caught seven passes for 83 yards.
4. The Cincinnati Bengals have agreed to terms with tight halt C.J. Uzomah on a three-year deal value extra than $18 million, Rapoport experiences. Cincy also re-signed security Brandon Wilson to a one-year deal.
5. Talking of Bengals tight ends, the Buffalo Bills have agreed to terms with Tyler Kroft on a three-year, $18.75 million deal, a supply told Rapoport. The contract is value as a lot as $21 million.
6. The New Orleans Saints offered Monday that they agreed to terms with linebacker and special-teamer Craig Robertson on a two-year contract extension. Garafolo reported Robertson’s deal is value around $4 million.
7. To boot to re-signing Kenny Vaccaro, the Tennessee Titans re-signed working help David Fluellen to a one-year deal and officially released security Johnathan Cyprien.