Have you ever thought, “I want to hypnotize myself”? Well it is possible but it will take a little practice on your part. There are different ways to do this and different outcomes based on what your intentions are when starting out. I will outline a sample session, which should help to put yourself in a hypnotic state. Remember you are always in control and can remove yourself from this state anytime you want.
1. Find a comfortable, private place and sit in any comfortable chair or couch. Some people would rather lie down; you are more prone to falling asleep when you are lying down than when you are sitting up. Whether you lie down or sit up, make sure you do not cross your legs or any other part of your body. You may be in this position for a while and this could end up being uncomfortable. Make sure you are not going to be disturbed.
2. First you must close your eyes and try to free your mind of any feelings of fear, stress, or anxiety. When you begin, you will find it difficult not to think. You may find that thoughts keep intruding. When this happens, don’t try to force the thoughts out. Observe them impartially, and then let them slip away.
3. Recognize the tension in your body. Beginning with your toes, imagine the tension slowly falling away from your body and vanishing. Imagine it freeing each body part one at a time starting with your toes and working its way up your body. As you continue to visualize each part of you’re body becoming lighter and lighter relax each body part individually until each portion, including your face and head are completely relaxed and tension free.
4. Take slow, deep breaths. When you exhale, picture all the tension and negativity leaving you’re body as if a dark cloud is floating away from you. As you inhale, see the cloud returning as a bright light filled with life and energy.
5. Revel in the fact that you are now extremely relaxed. Imagine you are at the top of a Hill. On the hill are granite steps that lead all the way to the bottom. Picture every detail of this scene from the top to the bottom. Tell yourself that you are going to walk down the hill, counting each step down, starting at 10. Picture each number in your mind. Imagine that each number you count is further down and one step closer to the bottom of the hill. After each number, you will feel yourself drifting further and further into deep relaxation. As you take each step, imagine the feel of the step under your feet. Keep counting and stepping down until you reach the bottom. Once you reach the bottom imagine that you are filled with happiness and joy.
6. At this point, think specifically about what change you want to invoke in yourself. Speak in the present tense. Your subconscious mind responds to negative and positive affirmations equally, so be sure to use positive thoughts as you tell your subconscious mind what you want. ” I am prosperous” “I am healthy” I am living the life I was meant to live” etc. Repeat your affirmations as many times as you wish. The more you program your subconscious mind with positive affirmations the better chance of your subconscious mind bringing these into your life.
7. When you feel you have fully invoked your affirmations into you’re subconscious mind, count upwards from 0 to 10, as you are counting picture yourself walking back up the hill. When you reach the number 10, you will slowly return to normal consciousness and remain calm and relaxed. Give yourself a few moments before opening your eyes, and take your time getting up.
Now instead of saying “I want to hypnotize myself” you can say “I did hypnotize myself”.