Leicester returned to successful techniques towards West Ham at King Energy Stadium but misplaced the league’s top scorer Jamie Vardy to damage in the predominant half of.
Harvey Barnes scored the opener, poking in from a yard out, forward of turning provider for Ricardo Pereira on the stroke of half of-time.
West Ham captain Tag Noble made it 2-1 from the whine forward of Leicester’s Ayoze Perez did the identical.
And Perez drilled in a fourth for Leicester with minutes to circulate.
There had been a prolonged stoppage time at the conclude of the predominant half of as Vardy obtained therapy for what appeared devour a hamstring damage.
Lower than 10 minutes forward of, Leicester midfielder Nampalys Mendy used to be substituted for an obvious knee damage and West Ham’s Robert Snodgrass got right here off at half of-time after a knock.
One in, two out as Foxes’ accidents mount
Leicester had been boosted by the return of key midfielder Wilfred Ndidi, who used to be on the bench excellent 13 days after having minor knee surgical treatment.
Manager Brendan Rodgers had acknowledged forward of kick-off that Ndidi used to be “there if we desire him”.
And in the conclude, Leicester did need him when Mendy went down with an obvious knee damage after 32 minutes.
But Leicester’s damage concerns purchased even worse when Premier League top scorer Vardy straight away clutched the back of his left leg after clearing the ball in his own defensive location.
Silence spread thru the King Energy as Vardy – who has scored 17 targets and picked up four assists this season – obtained therapy on the pitch forward of attempting to bustle it off.
He lasted barely two minutes when he returned and used to be come what might substituted for striker Kelechi Iheanacho.
Rodgers acknowledged after the game Vardy’s damage used to be “no longer his hamstring, which is great”.
The striker has contributed to 34% of Leicester’s Premier League targets this season and Rodgers added he hoped it would “ease off over the next couple of days”.
Job completed for Foxes as Hammers war
Leicester had been cruising in the predominant half of and got right here out the blocks firing.
They enjoyed 72% of possession and West Ham only managed 17 passes in the gap 10 minutes.
Vardy drew a collection other than Darren Randolph within minutes – ending off a slick passing circulate from Leicester – and there had been additional probabilities for Pereira and Mendy forward of Barnes come what might purchased the opener on 24 minutes.
Pereira slotted the ball across the face of the aim and Barnes might well well furthermore no longer miss from a yard out, forward of the two mixed all over again in stoppage time – giving the house followers something to cheer about whatever the temper dampening when Vardy trudged off injured.
West Ham appeared successfully overwhelmed at the atomize but they might well well furthermore bask in sensed the fear amongst the Leicester gamers and followers on account of they appeared a extra threatening facet at the inaugurate the second half of.
Noble stepped up confidently to set away the penalty – which used to be given after minimal contact from Ndidi on Sebastien Haller in the sphere – and Manuel Lanzini got right here shut to an equaliser when he virtually poked in a loose ball from Michail Antonio’s rebounded flick.
Leicester rode the simmering rigidity and started to resolve all over again – Iheanacho and James Maddison being denied forward of Perez come what might thumped in the third aim from the whine after Angelo Ogbonna’s clumsy form out on Iheanacho.
The job used to be completed for Leicester, who continued to pepper Randolph’s aim, but Perez doubled his tally with a slick conclude from right thru the sphere.
The victory leaves Leicester 14 recommendations forward of fifth-positioned Manchester United, whereas West Ham reside degree on recommendations with second-bottom Watford and without a pick in three successive league games.
Man of the match – Harvey Barnes (Leicester)
Noble’s coolness from the whine – simplest of the stats
- Leicester picked up their eighth house victory in the Premier League this season – this is their most ever right thru the predominant 12 house games of a league campaign.
- This used to be West Ham supervisor David Moyes’ 50th Premier League away sport towards a facet starting the day in the tip four – the Scotsman has won excellent one amongst those 50 games (D15, L34), with that lone victory coming in December 2010 (Manchester City 1-2 Everton).
- Leicester bask in now scored 52 targets in the Premier League this season, their most after 24 games of a top-flight campaign since 1930-31 (52).
- Since the inaugurate of October 2019, no crew bask in gained fewer recommendations (11) or misplaced extra games (11) in the Premier League than West Ham.
- Harvey Barnes has scored in consecutive Premier League games for the predominant time as a Leicester participant, whereas he’s already netted as many targets in the competition in 2020 (two in three games) as he managed in the total of 2019 (two in 35 games).
- Tag Noble has now been straight taking below consideration 79 targets for West Ham in the Premier League (46 targets and 33 assists), the most of any participant for the membership in the competition’s history, overtaking Paolo Di Canio.
- Ricardo Pereira has had an prompt hand in 13 targets in the Premier League for the reason that inaugurate of last season (5 targets and eight assists) – the one two defenders with extra in this period are Liverpool pair Trent Alexander-Arnold (24) and Andrew Robertson (18).
- Noble has now scored 27 penalties in the Premier League (out of 31 taken), the fourth-most of any participant in the competition’s history, in the back of Alan Shearer (56), Frank Lampard (43) and Steven Gerrard (32).
‘Success is about the crew’ – what they acknowledged
Leicester supervisor Brendan Rodgers, talking to BBC Sport: “I conception we had been very excellent. We played with that authority in the game and personality that the crew has played with all season. Tempo used to be excellent, pressed successfully.”
On Jamie Vardy’s damage: “It is miles no longer his hamstring which is great. Optimistically over the next couple of days it is going to ease off and he’ll be fit. Jamie is a valid talisman for the crew but if we are going to bask in success it is a ways about the crew.
“He hasn’t played for us in a bunch of games and the crew has gathered played successfully but for sure we desire him fit and successfully. He is this sort of decent participant and we hope it is no longer too serious.”
West Ham supervisor David Moyes, talking to BBC Sport: “It used to be a definite that we purchased something for 10 to fifteen minutes but for diverse the game Leicester had been by a ways the greater crew. That hasn’t been the case in the total games, now we had been in them or shut.
“I conception in the second half of we a minimal of purchased the ball forward extra. It used to be excellent to obtain Michail Antonio back on account of he has been excellent for us. We did now not bask in ample gamers who might well well furthermore construct something happen in the last third. We’re missing that form of participant.
“They appeared sooner to the ball than us. It is miles infrequently ever ever easy but we might well well furthermore no longer construct excuses. We had been excellent but tonight used to be potentially the worst I even bask in viewed us defensively at instances.”
Leicester shuttle to Brentford for their FA Cup fourth-spherical tie on Saturday, 25 January (12:forty five GMT) forward of the principal Carabao Cup semi-last second leg at Aston Villa on Tuesday, 28 January (19:forty five). Their next Premier League sport is at house to Chelsea on Saturday, 1 February (12:30).
West Ham host West Bromwich Albion in the FA Cup on Saturday, 25 January (15:00) and return to Premier League action towards leaders Liverpool at London Stadium on Wednesday, 29 January (19:forty five).