After inconsistent play on the offensive line in 2018, the Cincinnati Bengals shored up the unit with an inner participant.
The Bengals bear signed guard John Miller to a 3-twelve months, $16.5 million deal, NFL Community’s Tom Pelissero reported. The group of workers later made the records decent.
The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Miller spent the previous four seasons with the Buffalo Bills, starting in 47 games at correct guard. The Bengals likely view Miller as an upgrade over Alex Redmond, who drew 15 begins at correct guard in 2018.
Miller represents the 2d trip in free company that the Bengals made for the front five. Earlier within the week, the group of workers re-signed correct take care of Bobby Hart to a 3-twelve months deal.
Consistency on the offensive line is wanted for the 2019 season when obsessed on Bengals signal-callers Andy Dalton and Jeff Driskel were sacked a blended 37 times in 2018.
Here are other transactions we’re monitoring Friday:
1. All-Pro and Pro Bowl particular teamer Adrian Phillips has re-signed with the Los Angeles Chargers on a one-twelve months deal, the group of workers introduced Friday. Phillips, a security, showcased his versatility final twelve months as a security/linebacker with occupation-highs of 77 tackles and 12 passes defended. He additionally tallied an NFL-high 19 particular groups tackles.
2. The Tennessee Titans introduced they’re releasing guard Josh Kline, who started 46 games for over the previous three seasons.
3. The Jacksonville Jaguars introduced the signing of tight dwell Geoff Swaim, who spent four seasons with the Dallas Cowboys.
4. The Fresh York Jets introduced assist kicker Chandler Catanzaro to adjust Jason Myers, who made the Pro Bowl final season. Catanzaro, who spent the 2018 season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Carolina Panthers, done for the Jets in 2017.
5. The Houston Texans signed cornerback Briean Boddy-Calhoun to a one-twelve months deal, NFL Community Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Boddy-Calhoun started 22 games over the previous three seasons for the Browns. The group of workers confirmed the signing.
6. The Denver Broncos are re-signing tight dwell Jeff Heuerman to a two-twelve months deal price up to $9 million, NFL Community Insider Rapoport reported, per a source.
7. The Oakland Raiders introduced that they’ve signed unrestricted free agent extensive receiver J.J. Nelson. Nelson spent the final four seasons with the Arizona Cardinals, recording 81 receptions for 1,439 yards in 56 occupation games. Oakland additionally introduced the signing of defensive dwell Josh Mauro, who done final season for the Giants, tallying 28 tackles in four begins over 12 games. To boot, the Raiders introduced two re-signings: peculiar rights free agent linebacker Jason Cabinda (three begins, 21 tackles) and unrestricted free agent guard Chaz Green (one delivery up).
8. Defensive dwell Adrian Clayborn posted on his Twitter fable that he’s been released by the Patriots. He done one season in Fresh England following three with the Falcons.
9. The Chicago Bears introduced the signing of receiver/kick returner Marvin Corridor to a one-twelve months contract on Friday. Corridor done with the Falcons the final two seasons and averaged 23.6 yards per kickoff return in 2018 over 26 returns. Corridor is conception of as one in every of the NFL’s fastest avid gamers.
10. The San Francisco 49ers released defensive lineman Cassius Marsh, the group of workers introduced Friday. Marsh had three begins and 5.5 sacks in 16 games final season.