After inconsistent play on the offensive line in 2018, the Cincinnati Bengals shored up the unit with an inner player.
The Bengals are signing guard John Miller to a three-year, $16.5 million deal, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported.
The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Miller spent the previous four seasons with the Buffalo Bills, starting in 47 video games at applicable guard. The Bengals in all probability glimpse Miller as an give a desire to over Alex Redmond, who drew 15 begins at applicable guard in 2018.
Miller represents the second pass in free company that the Bengals made for the front 5. Earlier in the week, the team re-signed applicable tackle Brian Hart to a three-year deal.
Consistency on the offensive line is wanted for the 2019 season when pondering Bengals signal-callers Andy Dalton and Jeff Driskel had been sacked a mixed 37 instances in 2018.
Listed below are totally different transactions we’re monitoring Friday:
1. Defensive cease Adrian Clayborn posted on his Twitter yarn that he’s been released by the Patriots. He completed one season in Contemporary England following three with the Falcons.
2. The Tennessee Titans launched they are releasing guard Josh Kline, who began 46 video games for over the previous three seasons.
3. The Jacksonville Jaguars launched the signing of tight cease Geoff Swaim, who spent four seasons with the Dallas Cowboys.
4. The Contemporary York Jets brought motivate kicker Chandler Catanzaro to interchange Jason Myers, who made the Pro Bowl final season. Catanzaro, who spent the 2018 season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Carolina Panthers, completed for the Jets in 2017.
5. The Houston Texans signed cornerback Briean Boddy-Calhoun to a one-year deal, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Boddy-Calhoun began 21 video games over the previous three seasons for the Browns.
6. The Denver Broncos are re-signing tight cease Jeff Heuerman to a two-year deal charge as a lot as $9 million, NFL Network Insider Rapoport reported, per a source.