Roundup: Eagles signing vet DB Orlando Scandrick
Trent Williams is officially a holdout.
The disgruntled Washington Redskins type out became placed on the reserve/did no longer file listing on Saturday, making room for D.C. to label journeyman type out Corey Robinson.
Williams has been away from the team in segment thanks to infuriate over his contract and Washington’s handling of a health apprehension suffered within the spring.
Requested Saturday if he had heard from Williams, Redskins coach Jay Gruden said, “No. I get no longer, no.”
The veteran type out has two years left on his deal over which he’s owed around $24 million. That $12 million per 300 and sixty five days realistic is successfully below what the league’s best most likely-paid left type out, Taylor Lewan, is averaging ($16 million).
The absence of Williams leaves a indispensable gap at Washington’s blind facet. The Redskins get tried to patch it with worn Original York Giants type out Ereck Flowers nonetheless the 2015 first-spherical take has reportedly struggled and wanted to get replaced on the first team by Geron Christian at instances this week.
A seven-time Educated Bowler and 10-300 and sixty five days veteran, Williams is one in every of the Redskins’ foundational leaders and is already being sorely skipped over by his longtime teammates.
“It is queer no longer to get him here,” linebacker Ryan Kerrigan said Friday, per ESPN. “I clearly hope all the pieces works out and that he’s help here. He’s no longer handiest an elite offensive type out, he’s basically the most effective offensive type out within the game, and I do know pretty just a few guys will mutter that their teammate is [the best in the game] nonetheless I can mutter with self belief that Trent is that. We prefer him on this team. I’m hoping he’s help here earlier than later.”
There looks to be no result in await Williams’ holdout, and Washington appears to be successfully worse for his absence.
Right here is other roster recordsdata we’re monitoring Saturday:
1. Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury urged newshounds that linebacker Hasson Reddick will stir away out “just a few weeks” after undergoing a minor knee process. NFL Community’s Mike Garafolo specifies that Reddick’s process became a knee scope to repair a torn meniscus and he’s anticipated to miss four to six weeks.
Linebacker Brooks Reed (hip) became activated from the PUP listing.
2. The Philadelphia Eagles hosted veteran cornerback Orlando Scandrick on a consult with Saturday and did no longer let him stir away with out a deal, as Garafolo reported, per a source, that the worn Cowboys DB is signing a contract with Philly.
Philly’s curiosity is due in segment to cornerback Cre’von LeBlanc being sidelined for the subsequent several weeks by a foot sprain, NFL Community Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. Rapoport added LeBlanc, who became spotted in a boot Saturday, would possibly possibly well furthermore no longer require surgical treatment and is anticipated to reach help in time for the commence of the season. Scandrick had also unprejudiced no longer too prolonged within the past visited with the Vikings, nonetheless the Eagles will now be his last consult with. Scandrick conducted 9 seasons with the Cowboys earlier than taking half in 2018 with the Chiefs.
3. Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley is “day-to-day” with a sore hamstring, coach Dan Quinn said Saturday.
4. The Denver Broncos signed tight pause Correct Stephens and waived punter Justin Vogel.
5. The San Francisco 49ers signed defensive lineman Jordan Thompson to a one-300 and sixty five days deal.
6. After a season away, defensive help DeShawn Shead is help with the Seahawks, signing with them Saturday, Rapoport reported. Shead conducted last season with the Lions after the first six years of his occupation were conducted in Seattle. As well to, the Seahawks announced the signing of undrafted rookie linebacker Jawuan Johnson. In corresponding strikes, the Hawks waived receiver Caleb Scott with a non-soccer damage designation and placed linebacker Emmanuel Ellerbee on injured reserve.
7. The Houston Texans announced a host of strikes on Saturday. They’ve signed internal linebacker B.J. Bello and security Tyvis Powell, whereas they waived-injured receiver Isaac Whitney and waived security A.J. Hendy.
8. The Inexperienced Bay Packers announced that they claimed working help Darrin Corridor, an undrafted rookie originally signed by the Browns and then the Bengals, and launched guard Larry Williams.