|2019 Six Countries: England v Italy|
|Venue: Twickenham Date: Saturday, 9 March Kick-off: 16:forty five GMT|
|Coverage: Are dwelling commentary on BBC Radio 5 Are dwelling, BBC Sport web online page and BBC Sport app, plus are dwelling text commentary online.|
England maintain made 5 changes to the side that misplaced to Wales as they face Italy in the Six Countries on Saturday.
Extremely effective backs Joe Cokanasiga and Ben Te’o both birth while prop Ellis Genge, lock Joe Launchbury and flanker Brad Shields all near into the pack.
Italy captain Sergio Parisse returns from concussion in one in every of three changes to the side that misplaced to Ireland.
Sebastian Negri joins him in the befriend row while hooker Luca Bigi will get his first birth of the championship.
What’s at stake?
England maintain by no device misplaced to Italy in 24 fits and victory on Saturday would retain their Six Countries title hopes heading into the final round of fits.
Italy maintain misplaced their final 20 Six Countries fits and are backside of the Six Countries table, but they led Ireland at half of-time of their most most modern match sooner than shedding 26-16.
The Azzurri maintain led twice in opposition to England at half of-time: they were 10-5 up on their final focus on over with in 2017 sooner than succumbing 26-15, and were winning 12-6 six years ago in an eventual 19-15 defeat.
- England ready for maverick Italian ways
- Marler ‘by no device overly ecstatic taking half in high-stage sport’
- How England’s Aussie coach has revived their ******
- England ladies folks boosted by return of Scarratt
England: 15-Daly, 14-Cokanasiga, 13-Tuilagi, 12-Te’o, 11-Could well additionally, 10-Farrell (capt), 9-Youngs; 1-Genge, 2-George, 3-Sinckler, 4-Kruis, 5-Launchbury, 6-Shields, 7-Curry, 8-Vunipola.
Replacements: 16-Cowan-Dickie, 17-Moon, 18-Cole, 19-Hughes, 20-Wilson, 21-Robson, 22-Ford, 23-Slade.
Italy: 15-Hayward, 14-Padovani, 13-Campagnaro, 12-Morisi, 11-Esposito, 10-Allan, 9-Tebaldi; 1-Lovotti, 2-Bigi, 3-Ferrari, 4-Ruzza, 5-Budd, 6-Negri, 7-Steyn, 8-Parisse (capt).
Replacements: 16-Ghiraldini, 17-Traore, 18-Pasquali, 19-Sisi, 20-Polledri, 21-Palazzani, 22-McKinley, 23-Castello.
Eddie Butler: “The query became requested. Could well Eddie Jones loosen the vogue a chunk of in opposition to Italy? Chuck it about a chunk of at Twickenham? He has replied by bringing Ben Te’o in at 12, pushing Manu Tuilagi out to 13 and starting up with Joe Cokanasiga on the waft.
“Henry Slade, image of a rather much less confrontational device, slides down to the bench. Eddie, it would appear, would no longer admire a extra informal vogue.
“England will purchase – and in any kind of their coach’s want – but presumably this is able to appear a chunk of odd if it’s Conor O’Shea’s Italy that (again) ticket extra invention and creativeness than England at the house of the game.”
- Farrell warns opposition over grand backline
Leer from both camps
England head coach Eddie Jones: “Italy is a chunk of of an unknown quantity but when Conor (O’Shea) enables them to play rugby they play effectively.
“They’ve played terrific games in the Six Countries. They are more healthy, physically end in the contest a lot longer and are rather unpredictable in the manner they ******.”
Italy head coach Conor O’Shea: “Right here is an Italy crew that is making ready to purchase. All people thinks we’re delusional. Nonetheless we’re sports actions of us, we’re competitive of us.”
“I’ve said to the avid gamers I fabricate no longer want them to even take into myth the , their job is to bring a performance of depth, physicality and ambition.
“I will advise ambition 20 situations attributable to I want them to switch out and play. I will rob the flak for any results.”
- Quiz: Base the Six Countries stats to date
- England maintain won all 24 of their Tests in opposition to Italy, finest failing to ranking a try in a form of fits – at Twickenham in 2013.
- They’ve scored 757 aspects in 19 Six Countries fits in opposition to Italy at an practical of 40 aspects per game.
- England’s file Six Countries purchase became an 80-23 victory v Italy in February 2001 by which they scored 10 tries.
- The Crimson Rose maintain scored 31 tries of their final 5 Six Countries fixtures in opposition to the Azzurri.
- England maintain scored 11 tries, four extra than any assorted crew on this Six Countries to date.
- They’ve kicked from hand 111 situations, maybe the most in the match – Italy’s 57 kicks is the fewest.
- England maintain made the fewest carry metres (1,736), the least carries (325), passes (388), line breaks (seven) and address breaks (14) of any side to date.
- Their 105 dominant tackles is 38 extra than any assorted side. Italy maintain made the fewest with 33.
- Italy maintain misplaced their final 20 Six Countries fits – a Championship file.
- Conor O’Shea’s side maintain a device-kicking success price on this Six Countries of staunch 42.9%.
- The Azzurri maintain conceded 29 penalties, the joint most to date along with Scotland.
Referee: Nic Berry (Australia)
Touch judges: Paul Williams (Unique Zealand) & Andrew Brace (Ireland)
TMO: Simon McDowell (Ireland)
- Add rugby union alerts to your BBC Sport app
- Subscribe to the Rugby Union Weekly podcast