Paid Freelance Editor – This Generation
In 2015, This Generation was born to address the lack of information on how to get to where you want to go. Our aim is to develop a widely accessible and comprehensive view of the fashion industry. We believe this is one of the many steps for creating a more diverse incoming (this) generation.
In November 2018, we are relaunching as a media company with team members based worldwide. Our interviews feature a wide range of individuals: from those who are just starting out, to those who are more established; collectively they make up the industry we are in today.
About the role: Freelance Editor, This Generation
● Reporting to: EIC + Editorial Director
- Writing intros and pulling quotes
- Proofing, fact-checking, and editing interviews while maintaining the interviewee’s voice
- Quick work turnaround / Follow strict editorial calendar deadlines
- Since we work remotely, the ability to quickly respond to emails is paramount
- All work is completed via email and Google Docs
- Must have the availability to edit at least two long form interviews per month
These responsibilities listed serve to give an idea of the role, but are contingent upon the company needs at the time.
- Strong writing/editorial experience
- Experience editing interview-based content
- Ability to understand the arch of an interview and to edit accordingly
- Great understanding of This Generation’s approach to content as well as our voice
- Expansive knowledge and interest of the fashion industry, current events, and youth culture
- Time management, proactive communication and problem-solving skills, must be extremely detail oriented
- Quick and eager learner with a good attitude
- Resourceful, independent worker who can also collaborate with a team
- Professional email etiquette
- Must be proficient in English writing and grammar
Location: Work is done remotely
Terms: Freelancer flat rate in $USD
Send your CV and Cover Letter with links to your online portfolio.
Email to email@example.com with the subject line: “Freelance Editor Applicant”.
Deadline: Open Applications, with preference to applicants who apply by October 1st, 2018
*All applicants that we consider must complete and pass an edit test before hire.