Conor McGregor says he did not intend “to land the closing blow” in a put up-fight brawl following a defeat by Khabib Nurmagomedov – however talked up his design in the incident.
McGregor was as soon as suspended for six months and fined $50,000 (£38,095) for his segment in the grotesque scenes which marred UFC 229 in October.
Nurmagomedov was as soon as banned for nine months and fined $500,000 (£380,950).
“Or not it is soft how it accomplished out,” acknowledged Eire’s McGregor.
In a put up on social media he at the initiate acknowledged: “I’m thankful for the Nevada Athletic Commission’s soft evaluation and coping with of the brawl incident.
“It was as soon as not my design to land the closing blow of the evening on my opponent’s blood relative.
“I sit down up for competing over again rapidly.”
Russian Nurmagomedov started a brawl by the octagon after beating McGregor, forward of the Irishman was as soon as desirous about a bust-up alongside with his opponent’s crew.
In a 2nd message referring to the incident, McGregor posted two photos of him evading a punch forward of landing one among his agree with on someone from Nurmagomedov’s crew.
“Straight left hand internal the attackers jab,” he acknowledged.
“He tried to use the giant security guard that is for your complete movies as duvet, however I would possibly perchance perchance well smell him a mile away and landed flush down the pipe.
“The closing blow of the evening at UFC 229 in association with McGregor Sports activities and Entertainment.”
The suspensions for McGregor and Nurmagomedov hold been backdated to the date of the Las Vegas fight.
On the other hand, Nurmagomedov’s suspension will likely be decreased to 6 months if he participates in an anti-bullying campaign in Nevada.
If it is, it is rarely anticipated he’ll return to trail till after 5 June since the practising Muslim will honour Ramadan.
Two of Nurmagomedov’s crew hold also been handed suspensions by the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC).
Both Abubakar Nurmagomedov and Zubaira Tukhugov hold been banned for three hundred and sixty five days and fined $25,000 (£19,030).
How the chaos unfolded
- Nurmagomedov largely dominated courtroom cases forward of administering a rear-bare choke, prompting McGregor to faucet out with one minute and 57 seconds of spherical four final.
- The champion straight shouted at the overwhelmed man and then pointed at McGregor’s crew forward of exiting the ring and attacking Dillon Danis, a fighter who trains with McGregor.
- Whereas the brawl took location, McGregor was as soon as desirous about a bust-up in the octagon with one among Nurmagomedov’s coaching companions.
- Nurmagomedov left the sector with followers throwing objects in the direction of him, while UFC president Dana White acknowledged he felt “sick” over the scenes.
- Three of Nurmagomedov’s birthday celebration had been arrested however later launched.