Right here is what we have now realized up to now from Sunday’s Week 10 video games:
Inexperienced Bay Packers 24, Carolina Panthers 16
1. With snow flurries whipping around Lambeau Discipline, the Packers protection bowed up, stuffing Christian McCaffrey inches making an strive the operate-line to seal a one-score victory. Kyle Allen led the Panthers to the doorstep of a doable recreation-tying scenario with some beautiful strikes threw the blustering snow. The younger signal-caller tossed a occupation-excessive 307 yards, finishing 28 of 43 pass attempts, a spread of which had been dimes into Inexperienced Bay coverages. Allen played gargantuan despite the necessities and getting battered by the Packers pass slide (three sacks, nine QB hits). The Panthers moved the ball all recreation using a proper steadiness of pass and urge (McCaffrey 20/108/1). Of Carolina’s nine possessions, eight ventured into Inexperienced Bay territory, including the first seven. It could possibly be the 2 miscues from Allen that can hunt the 23-year-ancient quarterback. He fumbled a snap shut to midfield that Inexperienced Bay become into a touchdown. Later, Allen threw an in miserable health-urged pass in the tip zone that became once intercepted, and the Packers earned a topic operate on the ensuing drive. The swings proved the incompatibility Sunday. No topic the errors, Allen confirmed the mettle to soar serve at any time when and came up loyal quick on the avenue to a proper team. If the tip of the season is ready checking out what Carolina has in Allen, Sunday’s efficiency is a stammer signal, even in a loss.
2. The Packers offense confirmed they’re ready for the cold-climate playoff urge. Inexperienced Bay gashed the Carolina protection on the ground with Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams selecting up chunk gains. The duo took turns selecting up 10-plus-yard blasts. The tandem blended for 156 yards on 26 carries, for six.0 yards per pop. Jones any other time confirmed his nose for the tip zone, plowing for 3 touchdowns. The three rankings gave the dynamic RB 14 on the season, vaulting him into a tie with McCaffrey for most in the NFL. Underscoring Jones’ and Williams’ ability to blast via tackles into the 2d-level, the Panthers’ three leading tacklers on the day had been all defensive backs. When Jones and Williams are galloping, it takes stress off of Aaron Rodgers to hotfoot magic. On a day when Rodgers became once held to 233 yards passing, and Inexperienced Bay became once out-gained 388 to 401, the Pack proved they could well fetch again with a bludgeoning floor recreation. With the cold climate upon us, it is a recipe that also can simply aloof play successfully in December and January in Inexperienced Bay.
3. The victory pushed the Packers to 8-2, giving Matt LaFleur’s team cushion in the NFC North before their bye in Week 11. Coupled with the New Orleans Saints’ loss Sunday, Inexperienced Bay’s fetch puts them in scrape to doubtlessly manufacture a bye in the playoffs. Coming out of the off-week, the Packers will focus on over with San Francisco, who entered Week 10 undefeated. The lean in Week 12 will present one other substitute for Rodgers & Co. to present more floor for a postseason bye. For Carolina, the loss drops Ron Rivera’s team to 5-4, but they continue to be in the hunt in a muddled NFC playoff snort, tied with the Eagles and Rams loyal one recreation out of the No. 6 seed.
— Kevin Patra
Pittsburgh Steelers 17, Los Angeles Rams 12
1. In most traditional years, the Steelers step by step shifted from a franchise that received with its protection to 1 who attach up gaudy offensive numbers and did sufficient to fetch when it did not have the ball. We’re headed serve in the assorted direction, with Sunday’s recreation serving as fetch evidence that western Pennsylvania’s fans of the Steel Curtain again have loads to cheer for. Pittsburgh is again a team that wins with protection, without a one making a more glaring play-by-play impact than security Minkah Fitzpatrick. His highlight Sunday became once a fumble recovered and returned for a touchdown, but his actions in between have reinforced Pittsburgh’s serve end — , the unit’s obligation for the relaxation three years — and invent it a full protection. After recognizing the Rams making an strive to urge a rub route to come by Cooper Kupp starting up, Fitzpatrick sprinted upfield on a key third down in the fourth quarter to serve Mike Hilton and take care of Kupp from making the have interaction. Los Angeles needed to accept a topic operate as a result of this play. Fitzpatrick alone executed with two takeaways and a defensive touchdown, a key score in a recreation that lacked powerful scoring.
And Pittsburgh’s defensive success stretches beyond Fitzpatrick. Joe Haden had a recreation that became once comparable to his Pro Bowl years in Cleveland, denying Jared Goff attempts to Kupp and others with diving pass spoil-u.s.and intercepting the quarterback once. With those two providing a broad enhance in the secondary, the unit as an complete is powerful stronger and played lights-out football Sunday.
It became once acceptable, then, that a defensive stand is what secured the fetch for the Steelers, as a result of an interception off a Haden tip and — who else? — Fitzpatrick interception.
2. The build is the offensive imagination that made the Rams a address to search a year previously? For too many weeks this season, Los Angeles has been stuck in 2d gear offensively, and Sunday they downshifted to first sooner than it became once over. The single time the Rams had any legit offensive lifestyles became once throughout a possession late in the third whereby Los Angeles went uptempo, transferring the ball down the topic with precision. That drive ended in a topic operate, as a result of once the Rams slowed serve to a celebrated tempo, their offense sputtered.
Per week after exploding for 10 receptions, 220 yards and a touchdown, Kupp went with out a reception on four targets. Goff threw two interceptions and became once strip sacked, with the loose ball returned for a touchdown by Fitzpatrick. The worst of all, despite the incontrovertible truth that, came in a signal of how lost this Rams offense in the intervening time is. On third and quick, Sean McVay despatched in Blake Bortles to urge a explicit play, which became once botched by an surprising snap. On the following play, in a seven-point recreation, McVay called a pretend punt pass, which ended in an interception thrown by an below-duress Johnny Hekker.
If these Rams hope to end in the wild-card accelerate, they’ll must always figure out their offense speedily sooner than their goals of a conference title protection evaporate.
3. No topic rightfully shredding the Rams’ offense in the purpose above, somebody wants to come by on a milk crate and begin spreading the note of the aptitude of tight end Gerald Everett. While powerful of Los Angeles’ ****** became once stymied by a stingy Steelers protection, Everett many times made timely catches and runs to take care of the chains transferring for the Rams, finishing with eight catches for 68 yards. Two of his catches required sideline tightroping and served for instance of his athleticism, which also can simply aloof serve him change into a mismatch in the weeks and years forward.
Everett’s simplest recreation of his occupation came in Week 5 in a shut loss to Seattle, and he’s been spotty since then, but his recreation Sunday confirmed Week 5 wasn’t merely a fluke. The tight end has the aptitude to alter into a high-tail-to goal in the years forward, and when the Rams had been without Brandin Cooks and couldn’t come by Kupp going, he took income of it. In the event that they’re shimmering, the Rams will continue to explore in Everett’s direction.
— Slash Shook
Baltimore Ravens 49, Cincinnati Bengals 13
1. Lamar Jackson continues to invent his case for MVP honors this season after the Ravens (7-2) beat the Bengals (0-9) in Cincinnati. The Bengals had a bye week to put together but how will you put together against with out a doubt one of basically the most fundamental gamers in the league? The Ravens took only five plays to score their first touchdown. And it did not unhurried down after that. Every drive that Jackson played ended with a touchdown. Jackson regarded unreal on occasion. One play he ran for a 47-yard touchdown and had a hotfoot high-tail that made half of the defenders miss. It became once his longest occupation urge. He executed the day 15-of-17 for 223 yards and three TDs with 65 rushing yards and a TD. The Ravens ended up hanging Robert Griffin III in to play the overall fourth quarter. Don’t must always expend a huge ****** in your QB getting injured could possibly well must you are already up 49-10.
2. How continuously build you peep three Heisman Trophy winners eager on one play? Handiest five assorted teams have had three Heisman Trophy winners on the same roster. For the Ravens here is the first time they’ve had three in the backfield on the same time, or as Sign Ingram called it after the recreation, “the Heisman package.” They had been up 14-3 when offensive coordinator Greg Roman determined to have a itsy-bitsy stress-free. He had Jackson, RG3 and Sign Ingram lined up in the backfield. Jackson ran an option and pitched to RG3 for nine yards and a first down.
3. Well, the Bengals continue to be the only winless team in the league. Ryan Finley made his NFL debut because the starting QB. The Bengals benched Andy Dalton to strive to come by a spark on offense but it became once comparatively powerful the same thing. Finley had a complete lot of drives that went for 10 plays, but only one ended with a touchdown (a six-yard TD to Tyler Eifert). The rookie moved successfully on his feet but couldn’t build powerful on the serve of this offensive line. Finley executed his debut with 167 yards, one TD, one INT and two sacks. After going three-and-out on their first drive, the Bengals determined to come by Joe Mixon alive to more. He had a occupation-excessive 30 carries and 114 yards.
— Lakisha Wesseling
Cleveland Browns 19, Buffalo Bills 16
1. This became once the recreation the Browns (3-6) fully most crucial, even better than remaining week’s loss to Denver. When given the ball and a huge ****** to fetch the recreation — a chance they’d remaining week and in Weeks 3 and 6 — Baker Mayfield made basically the most of it for the first time in 2019.
It became once comparable to remaining season’s magical 2d half and became once capped by a touchdown pass to Rashard Higgins, as a result of route it needed to be to Rashard Higgins. After Browns fans have (understandably) spent nine weeks crying to the heavens for more of the receiver nicknamed “Hollywood,” the Browns discovered themselves in the red zone and as a substitute of toying with serve pylon fades and shovel passes, Mayfield took a shotgun snap and centered his ancient friend. It produced the recreation-a hit score, the Browns’ protection held on (as a result of a missed topic operate strive by Steven Hauschka) and Higgins had a huge ****** to lift this elegant postgame quote:
Higgins being interviewed on the scoreboard.Q: What happened on the touchdown?Higgins: Juked the defender out his sneakers.ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ Zac Jackson (@AkronJackson)
November 10, 2019
It became once one other fetch recreation for Mayfield, who executed with a line of 26-for-38, 238 yards, two touchdowns (no interceptions) and a 102.7 passer score. He is strung together four fetch video games now, however the incompatibility between those contests and Sunday’s? The fetch.
2. The excellent yarn of this recreation that won’t with out a doubt the tip consequence itself is the Browns’ red zone woes. They’ve existed for almost the overall season, first cropping up on the nationwide stage in Week 3, then significantly impacting the tip consequence of video games in Weeks 6 and 9. They’ve by no plan been more evident, despite the incontrovertible truth that, than they had been Sunday, when the Browns ran eight straight plays internal Buffalo’s 5 and came away with zero components, then ran three more red-zone plays, almost went for it on fourth and operate again (Chris Hubbard’s fraudulent starting up saved them from themselves) and came away with loyal three components. For those retaining score at dwelling, that’s three components gained from 10 plays contained in the opponent’s 5.
Fortunately for them, the Browns figured things out late after they most crucial it most. However in the relaxation two weeks, the Browns are 3-for-9 in red zone effectivity. That’s clearly not loyal sufficient, but possibly they in the kill bought over the high-tail with the late TD to fetch.
3. Despite the incontrovertible truth that the Browns inexplicably went away from attacking it for stretches of Sunday’s recreation, the Bills (6-3) also can simply aloof be stricken with their urge protection. Slash Chubb discovered the going some distance too straightforward in the first half and became once on tempo for successfully over 100 yards sooner than the Browns shifted their offensive priorities in assorted places, even while nursing a 3-point lead. A better team likely preserves one of these lead by retaining it on the ground against a Bills protection that became once surprisingly miserable against such an ******.
Conversely, the Bills also can simply aloof be totally pleased with the play of Tre’Davious White, who did a fetch job against archaic LSU teammate Odell Beckham Jr. Particular, he became once caught a itsy-bitsy bit out of scrape just a few times, but his body of work over the overall recreation made for an vital day outing for Beckham and additionally allowed Buffalo to evenly distribute its defensive sources, holding the Browns to loyal 12 components till the final two minutes of the recreation. White’s arrow keeps trending upward.
— Slash Shook
Chicago Bears 20, Detroit Lions 13
1. Mitchell Trubisky woke up from an early-recreation slumber to engineer three straight touchdown drives to provide the Bears sufficient cushion to stiff-arm the Matthew Stafford-less Lions. After four limp drives to begin the recreation gained loyal one first down and 25 total yards, Trubisky hit a sequence of nice passes to propel the Bears to a 20-6 lead they could dangle to late. The signal-caller in the kill regarded pleased against a Lions protection that doesn’t speak stress, tossing three touchdown passes, including an attractive looping toss to TE Ben Braunecker and a dime to Taylor Gabriel. The three TD passes had been better than Trubisky had thrown in his old four video games blended. The Bears gained 130 of their 226 total yards on two drives to construct the first half and begin the 2d. Initiate air of the three scoring drives, it became once a battle for Trubisky, because the offense scuttled and afforded the Lions a huge ****** to end in the recreation with serve-to-serve-to-serve three-and-outs in the fourth quarter. After taking a 20-6 lead, the Bears gained 46 yards and two first downs on five sequence. Chicago, then again, also can simply aloof give attention to the loyal from Trubisky after weeks of anxious play. When given a tidy pocket, the quarterback made a complete lot of pinpoint throws. Now Matt Nagy’s job is to come by on those positives and speak the lulls that infect his offense.
2. Stafford missed his first starting up since Week 17 of the 2010 season as a result of a serve damage, forcing Jeff Driskel into the lineup. The backup regarded about as you’ll inquire of, working a dink-and-dunk offense. After producing 72 yards and five first downs on a gap-drive topic-operate march, the Lions offense did not high-tail the ball till it became once down double digits, incomes five first downs and loyal 110 total yards on seven drives across the 2d and third quarters — fewer than 16 yards per drive. Driskel’s 2d-half interception became once brutal, as he threw it ultimate to Bears linebacker Slash Kwiatkoski that divulge up what ended up being the recreation-a hit score. Driskel refused to stretch the topic till forced to late and as a substitute leaned on ineffective dump-offs. And not using a urge recreation to focus on of (Driskel led the Lions in rushing with 37 yards), the Lions aloof outgained Chicago 357 yards to 226. Driskel became once forced to pass 46 times in his first starting up in Detroit, finishing 27 for 269 yards, one TD and one INT. The efficiency underscored Stafford’s importance to Detroit. Initiate air of 1 **** to Kenny Golladay, gone had been most of the gargantuan plays we’d considered from the Lions’ passing recreation. If Stafford is forced to miss a complete lot of weeks, the Lions will battle with out a QB that can masks the execrable protection Detroit puts on the topic. Matt Patricia’s D has proven it could possibly well’t consistently end somebody because the Lions (3-5-1) have lost five of the relaxation six tilts.
3. Kwiatkoski entered for an injured Danny Trevathan and became once all around the build the topic for the Bears protection, stuffing the Lions’ urge recreation, and entering Driskel’s face on blitzes. The backup linebacker compiled nine tackles, a sack and the pivotal interception. With the front four unable to speak down Driskel, the play of linebackers fancy Kwiatkowski became once key in corralling the Lions’ quick passing ******. It wasn’t a reasonably day in Chicago, but Nagy’s squad will expend the fetch against a backup quarterback, snapping a four-recreation shedding lag. The victory will get the Bears out of the cellar of the NFC North, but at 4-5, they continue to be in a gargantuan gap in the playoff accelerate.
— Kevin Patra
Tennessee Titans 35, Kansas City Chiefs 32
1. If there became once any dialogue remaining as as to if or not the Titans are a better team with Ryan Tannehill or Marcus Mariota on the helm, the archaic Dolphins first-rounder emphatically answered that quiz with 1:21 left and 61 yards to head. Tannehill and the Titans had been down by five when he orchestrated a four-play, recreation-a hit drive without a timeouts, finding Adam Humphries over the middle for a 23-yard score after which rumbling in for a two-point conversion in a riveting 35-32 fetch for the Titans (5-5) against the Chiefs (6-4). Kansas City provided one remaining reply, but a Harrison Butker recreation-a hit strive became once blocked by Joshua Kalu. On the day, Tannehill became once 13-of-19 for 181 yards, a 133.9 score and a pair of touchdowns (and the aforementioned very bruising two-point urge). On the season, the Titans are 3-1 with Tannehill starting. As storylines high-tail, the comeback of Patrick Mahomes became once on the forefront. However, Tannehill is penning a comeback yarn of his personal. A Dolphins castaway slated to be a backup, Tannehill has delivered hope for the Titans and for the resurrection of his occupation.
2. Mahomes rolled ultimate and promptly let high-tail with the slide an grotesque pass that became once intercepted by Kenny Vaccaro on his first strive in his return to the topic. The name became once overturned as replay confirmed it hit the ground. Then came Mahomes’ accurate return, along with his knee any other time located and wholesome, his arm adopted suit. He executed off his first drive serve with a shovel pass to Travis Kelce for six and executed the recreation with a most ceaselessly spectacular Mahomes line of 446 yards, three touchdowns and a 119.2 score. Walking away from Sunday, the Chiefs have lost two of three and four of six. That’s a scenario. The health and play of Mahomes shouldn’t be, then again.
3. Absolute self perception lost sight of in the drama of the recreation and the deserved recognition of Tannehill, Titans working serve Derrick Henry had a great day. He rumbled for a season-excessive 188 yards on 23 carries, with a pair of touchdowns, including a one-yard score that adopted a 68-yard burst. It became once the one-yard score that trimmed the Titans’ nine-point fourth-stanza deficit to two components. It became once only the 2d 100-yard recreation of Henry’s season and only the sixth of his occupation. Per chance it’s of itsy-bitsy shock that the Titans are undefeated when he eclipses 100 yards.
— Grant Gordon
Atlanta Falcons 26, New Orleans Saints 9
1. Given the present divulge of the NFC South, there is nothing that also can simply even be done to salvage what has amounted to a lost season for the Falcons (2-7). It sounds as if, no one urged the protection of this, despite the incontrovertible truth that, as a result of it kept its foot on the gas all recreation and ran over Drew Brees (32-of-forty five, 287 yards) and the Saints (7-2). With each teams having the coolest thing about refreshed legs coming off a bye, it appeared glaring that the Saints offense would outpace a miserable Atlanta protection that had given up 33.6 PPG throughout its six-recreation shedding lag. However the recreation would end with the Saints not scoring a TD for the third time this season, which everybody predicted I’m particular. New Orleans attach up nine components for the 2d time this season (!) and couldn’t come by the relaxation going wherever on the topic at any point on this one. After recording loyal three sacks in the relaxation six video games, the Falcons tallied six takedowns (11 total QB hits) on Brees, led by DT Grady Jarrett (2.5) and DE Vic Beasley (1.5), an encouraging stat from what must always had been a high pass-rushing tandem in 2019. The protection additionally by some means managed to limit Alvin Kamara — four carries for twenty-four yards, eight receptions for 50 yards — and take care of Michael Thomas (13/152) from scoring, despite the incontrovertible truth that the latter’s day became once special; Thomas become the fastest player to reach 400 receptions in NFL historical previous (56 occupation video games), per NFL Be taught. The controversy surrounding Dan Quinn’s job self-discipline has been loud for weeks but, as a result of his protection, the Falcons coach will stay to fight one other week in the ATL.
2. Even supposing the Falcons played fetch in all three phases, it’s hard to fail to see the self-inflicted errors that many times snuffed out every inkling of momentum for the Saints. Atlanta’s 2d drive of the recreation, which could possibly well find yourself being its longest of the season (17 plays, 75 yards), became once given fresh lifestyles as a result of a trio of Saints penalties that resulted in computerized first downs (six Falcons first downs came via penalties). After getting a end on third-and-3 on the NO 32, an unlawful use of hands name prolonged the sequence; a 2d unlawful use of hands name came two plays later; and, three plays after that, defensive holding attach the Falcons on the door step on the NO 9. Matt Ryan would gather TE Austin Hooper for an 8-yard pass rapidly thereafter to expend a 10-3 lead. A pair of offensive penalties for a blended 25 yards would end a Saints surge to end the half, ensuing in a 47-yard Wil Lutz FG from the ATL 29. Tack onto those cases a third unlawful hands name on third-and-5 in the third quarter that in the end resulted in a 10-yard Ryan TD pass for a 20-9 lead and it makes you shock how New Orleans would’ve fared without the timely faux pas.
3. It became once hard to train which team became once 1-7 or 7-1 on occasion however the Saints protection played successfully sufficient in the first half to provide its team a huge ******. The job done to have Julio Jones became once spearheaded by CB Marshon Lattimore, who did a massive job sooner than sitting out the overall 2d half with a thigh damage. With Lattimore on him, Jones became once 0-of-3 but, when Lattimore first exited with an damage in the 2d, Jones attach a 54-yard have interaction-and-urge on his highlight reel that invigorated the Falcons offense. Jones would add two more catches in the 2d half and build with a team-excessive seventy nine yards but it could possibly well find yourself not being as powerful of a part because the Falcons feasted in the urge recreation. Thirty-four of their 70 offensive plays had been on the ground, ensuing in nine of the Falcons’ 18 first downs approaching runs and a season-excessive 143 rushing yards, the third-most the Saints have surrendered in 2019.
— Jelani Scott
New York Jets 34, New York Giants 27
1. It became once a Snoopy Bowl (and Leonard Williams revenge recreation) for the ages at MetLife Stadium on Sunday. The Giants and Jets, two squads each determined for a fetch after disastrous 2019 begins and damage-plagued campaigns. The excessive-scoring affair completely wasn’t comparatively, however the Jets (2-7) survived the lean against their crosstown rival, securing their 2d fetch of the season. Basically the most thrilling play in the lean came in the third quarter when Jets security Jamal Adams stripped the ball away from Giants quarterback Daniel Jones and cruised to the tip zone for a touchdown. Just a few days after his conversation with Jets brass on his desire to end and fetch a title with N.Y., Adams became once on a slouch, totaling nine tackles, two sacks, two QB hits and two forced fumbles. The Jets’ protection brought the warmth on Jones. Going via a battered offensive line, who lost frail address Nate Solder as a result of a concussion midgame, the Jets sacked the rookie signal-caller six times. It felt fancy Jones became once on the ground better than he became once simply all recreation.
2. Procure a day, Darius Slayton! Sans Sterling Shepard (concussion) and Evan Engram (foot), Daniel Jones connected with Slayton 10 times for 119 yards and two touchdowns. Coming off a one-have interaction recreation against the Cowboys on Monday night, Slayton regarded fancy a brand fresh man, and Jones became once clearly pleased getting him the ball. Slayton’s first TD of the day came in the 2d quarter on a drive the build the Giants (2-8) bought their first first down of the recreation. With Shepard aloof in concussion protocol and Engram sidelined, Slayton could possibly well emerge as with out a doubt one of Jones’ high targets along with Golden Tate — who additionally had a gargantuan day (four receptions, 95 yards, two TDs). The Giants’ urge recreation became once nonexistent any other time on Sunday. Since getting back from a excessive-ankle sprain — suffered earlier this season — Saquon Barkley hasn’t shown flashes of his ancient self. Barkley had 13 carries for one yard against the Jets; in total the Giants attach up 23 rushing yards. Twenty-three! Obviously the damage-depleted offense and sloppy play continues to haunt the Giants offense.
3. Treasure the Giants, the Jets’ urge recreation became once additionally stagnant. Main into the lean, there became once topic about Le’Veon Bell’s availability and productivity after sustaining a knee damage remaining week. However Bell toted the ball 18 times for 34 yards (plus 34 receiving yards) and added one TD for Gang Inexperienced. Bell’s efficiency became once one other disappointing day outing (and stat line) for those hoping to peep Bell of the Steelers’ days. As for the passing recreation, Sam Darnold threw for 19-of-30 for 230 yards with one passing TD and a keeper. His efficiency wasn’t comparatively however the younger QB is starting up to appear more assured now, tossing to Demaryius Thomas and Jamison Crowder.
— Andie Hagemann
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30, Arizona Cardinals 27
1. While Tampa Bay head coach Bruce Arians welcomed his archaic team, it became once a first fee homecoming for the Buccaneers, who played at Raymond James Stadium for the first time since Week 3. For the first time since Week 13 of remaining season, the Buccaneers received a dwelling recreation, as Jameis Winston captained a 30-27 comeback over Kyler Murray and the Cardinals in a battle of archaic Heisman winners at quarterback. Jameis became once Jameis, delivering the loyal, atrocious and grotesque that’s been his roller coaster of a calling card for the Buccaneers (3-6). Peyton Barber’s one-yard score with 1:47 left stood because the recreation-winner, however the a hit march became once kick-started by a Winston-to-Chris Godwin 49-yard hook-up. However, it became once Winston’s only completion on the drive against the Cardinals (3-6-1). Quiet, he became once ready to throw passes for a pair of defensive pass-interference calls that motored the Bucs downfield. Winston, who surpassed 300 yards for the fourth recreation in a row, persevered his reign because the king of the grotesque 300-yard recreation, throwing for 358 yards and finishing 30 of forty eight attempts for one score, two interceptions and a 74.8 score. The Bucs returned dwelling and snapped a four-recreation skid. Arians bested his archaic franchise and Winston become in one other engaging afternoon — and this time a victorious one.
2. Every so continuously football would not add up. The Bucs had three turnovers. The Cardinals had two. Murray outplayed Winston. However it became once the Buccaneers who came out on the a hit end. Murray had with out a doubt one of his most attention-grabbing days yet. He scrambled, ran when he most crucial to, passed for 324 yards and threw three touchdowns, all to Christian Kirk (who had a broad breakout day of six catches for 138 yards and three rankings). On the same day whereby he divulge a brand fresh rookie file for basically the most pass attempts without an interception, Murray threw his first capture since Week 4. The Cardinals lost their third straight recreation. It ended with consecutive Murray incompletions and came loyal making an strive with out a doubt being a signature recreation for the rookie signal-caller. However loss or not, Sunday became once a telling yarn of why the Cardinals aged the tip capture to expend Murray.
3. Most completely, the Buccaneers can end the urge. Despite the incontrovertible truth that they entered Sunday because the thirty first-ranked scoring protection, the Bucs had been tops against the urge and feasted upon the Cardinals. In total, the Cardinals ran for below 75 yards, with the like a flash feet of Murray carrying for a team-excessive 38 yards. On the tip of the first half, Arizona had loyal 35 yards on the ground, most of it approaching a Murray 32-yard traipse. Upon his return, David Johnson had five carries for 2 yards, while Kenyan Drake, loyal per week eradicated from a dynamic Arizona debut, became once held to 35 yards on 10 carries. Shaq Barrett (who had a sack and has a league-excessive 11.5) had rightfully drawn heaps of praise, however the urge-stopping bunch of Bucs, comparable to linebacker Lavonte David and defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh, attach in a fetch Sunday’s price of work.
— Grant Gordon
Miami Dolphins 16, Indianapolis Colts 12
1. The Dolphins’ offense regarded first fee in the first half, with Ryan Fitzpatrick hitting seven assorted receivers for 122 yards and using his legs to score from 11 yards out. And then the production fell off a cliff in the third quarter — a catch produce of detrimental-14 total yards — ensuing in protection and special teams doing merely sufficient to serve Miami eke out a 16-12 fetch. The fourth quarter started with a Fitzpatrick capture and a seven-play, 34-yard Colts TD drive to expend a 12-10 lead with 11:34 to head. Just a few rushes from Kalen Ballage and a 4-of-6 Fitzpatrick stretch for 47 yards bought the Fins serve heading in the suitable direction on the ensuing sequence and divulge the stage for a forty eight-yard Jason Sanders FG. Cornerback Nik Needham came away with an interception on the first play following the kickoff, and Sanders again connected from forty eight yards for the eventual recreation-a hit components. Fitzpatrick executed 21-of-33 for 169 yards and an INT; Ballage contributed 43 yards on 20 carries; and wideout DeVante Parker posted five catches (on 10 targets) for a recreation-excessive 69 yards. The protection took income of an in miserable health Colts offense, accruing six QB hits, three INTs and nine PDs but saw LB Jerome Baker (sack, eight blended tackles, FF) exit with an damage in the third, a lowlight for what became once an overall particular day for the struggling Dolphins (2-7).
2. All Brian Hoyer and no Jacoby Brissett makes the Colts a lifeless offense. With their QB1 sidelined for the first time this season with a knee damage, the Colts (5-4) called upon Hoyer to have the void. Hoyer, who hadn’t started a recreation since Week 10, 2017, had a difficult high-tail of it in his first starting up for the team, finishing 18-of-39 for 204 yards, a TD and three INTs. Hoyer’s difficult day became once made worse by the truth that the receiving corps became once without high receiver T.Y. Hilton (calf) for a 2d straight week and WR Parris Campbell (hand), leaving TEs Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle to capture up the slack. The duo blended for eight catches (15 targets) for 110 yards and a Doyle TD that almost about received them the recreation. Marlon Mack contributed 19 carries for 74 yards but, in the tip, the team couldn’t overcome Hoyer’s turnovers and the lack of Brissett.
3. Video games fancy this invent you like Darius Leonard had been wholesome all season. Week 10 marked Leonard’s fifth recreation of the season after a concussion kept the Colts LB out of circulation in Weeks 3-5. In his third dwelling recreation of the season, Leonard became once a wrecking ball against the Dolphins, tallying a sack, forced fumble, two pass deflections, an interception that ended with a outing to the tip zone that possibly also can simply aloof’ve counted and a season-excessive 13 blended tackles (11 solo, two for a loss). It is disheartening to peep a protection that ranks 13th in total protection lose to the twenty ninth-ranked offense but this one with out a doubt could possibly well’ve gone either near, and Leonard’s effort almost swung things in the Colts’ favor.
— Jelani Scott