Here’s what we now luxuriate in learned up to now from Sunday’s Week 15 video games:
Dallas Cowboys 44, Los Angeles Rams 21
1. After a wonky delivery that integrated a pre-sport coin toss controversy and the opening kick landing out of bounds, the Cowboys done their most entire sport of the season, dismantling the Rams in every segment. The celebrities all shined sharp in Dallas for the first time in weeks. Dak Prescott delivered bombs, including a 59-yard TD to Tavon Austin. Ezekiel Elliott ate and ate and ate some more, gobbling up 160 scrimmage yards. Zeke (117, 2TD) and Tony Pollard (131, TD) every went over the century designate dashing. Jason Witten snatched a one-handed highlight-reel landing to begin the scoring. The Cowboys thrashed Wade Phillips’ protection every which manner to the tune of 475 entire yards. The offensive line dominated, blowing the Rams off the ball. The protection stepped up, keeping L.A. beneath 150 yards except rubbish time, and a futile 4 of 12 on third downs. Sean Lee became support the clock, making gargantuan plays, including a 2nd-quarter INT and a sack. And the actual teams arrived, with newly signed Kai Forbath making all seven of his kicks, including three enviornment objectives. For a team engulfed in a tumultuous season, the Cowboys attach on their easiest showing of the season. For at least a week, Jerry Jones could be at liberty his team within the cessation earned a make a choice in a gargantuan location.
2. The Rams obtained punished within the trenches on every aspect of the ball. The offensive line reverted to its early-season make, opening few holes within the bottom sport, and allowing stress after stress. Jared Goff struggled from the salvage-plug, and a significant-half thumb damage clearly affected him as the game wore on. The QB overlooked easy throws and became off the designate many cases, ending 33 of 51 passes for 284 yards, two TDs, one INT and became sacked twice. Most of his stat line, then yet again, became generated after the game obtained out of hand. After taking a explore spry in latest weeks, Todd Gurley became silenced. The running support had no holes and became held to honest 20 dashing yards on 11 makes an try with a rubbish-time landing. With Gurley an afterthought and Cooper Kupp nonexistent for three quarters, the Rams offense never stumbled on traction, incomes honest eight first-half first downs. Goff’s thumb damage done a characteristic within the stagnant offense, nonetheless the Rams had been struggling even before hit smacked it on a helmet. All season, L.A.’s offense has been up and down. With the playoffs on the line, Sean McVay’s team laid an egg in Dallas.
3. For the first time this season, the Cowboys beat a team with a winning story. Dallas moves support to .500 on the season at 7-7 to take care of tied atop the NFC East with the Philadelphia Eagles, who obtained earlier within the day. Sunday’s pummeling devices up a Week 16 matchup with the Eagles in Philly with the division on the line. Jason Garrett’s crew will want a an analogous complementary efficiency from all three phases as soon as yet again. One component we now luxuriate in learned this season in Dallas is that nothing is predictable. For the Rams, the loss puts their season on existence give a purchase to Falling to 8-6, L.A. needs to select its last two video games of the season and revel in Minnesota lose their last two matchups. A One year eliminated from a Shimmering Bowl dawdle, it appears to be as if McVay’s squad will omit the postseason match for the first time in his tenure.
— Kevin Patra
Jacksonville Jaguars 20, Oakland Raiders 16
1. Guess who’s support, support yet again? Minshew Mania’s support, grunt a buddy (that’s no longer a Raiders fan). After a few weeks out of the highlight, the legend of Gardner Minshew (17/29, 201, 2 TDs) returned to add its most storied chapter within the Raiders’ last sport within Oakland Coliseum. For the easier piece of the day, the Jags’ offense struggled mightily, ending the first half with 75 secure yards (19 plays), two first downs, and punts on four of their first five possessions. Conversely, Oakland netted 273 yards (45 plays), 17 first downs and scores four of their first six drives. It became more of the identical within the third except all straight away the switch flipped following a Josh Lambo 43-yarder to manufacture it 16-6 to entire the quarter. From then on, the complications that plagued them all day — no D.J. Chark and shrimp production from Leonard Fournette — didn’t seem to topic. After totaling 113 yards thru three quarters, Minshew came alive, averting sacks and gaining yards on effectively timed scrambles and going 10-of-13 for 88 yards and two TDs to propel the Jags to the make a choice. To prime it off, he also earned his third profession sport-winning drive, all of which luxuriate in come on the road.
2. The Raiders knew they might well no longer lose their glorious sport in Oakland. And yet, that’s aloof what came about in doubtlessly the most heartbreaking vogue one might moreover quiz. The leisurely collapse by a franchise that has now misplaced four straight became the end result of a lack of execution in all three phases. The protection manhandled the Jags for loads of of the day nonetheless the offense stalled after their opening drive TD, scoring three FGs over their last eight drives. Derek Carr (22/36, 267 yards, TD) became efficient yet again nonetheless it didn’t consequence in worthy of anything else for the offense; focal substances TE Darren Waller (8/122) and Offensive Rookie of the Year frontrunner RB Josh Jacobs (24/89) obtained their anticipated numbers nonetheless neither made a precise impact. The protection went from keeping Fournette to 42 whisk yards to allowing him, and the the relaxation of the Jags’ receiving corps, to beat them leisurely on effectively timed completions.
3. This became a scandalous loss to ship their followers residence with nonetheless perchance doubtlessly the most complex piece about this sport came on the support-to-support misses by Daniel Carlson from 50 and 45 yards, respectively, with two minutes last. A roughing the kicker penalty afforded them the mulligan nonetheless every sailed wide left, and so did Oakland’s likelihood to plug up by six to most likely end the Oakland era with a make a choice. On to Las Vegas.
— Jelani Scott
Houston Texans 24, Tennessee Titans 21
1. Titans followers at Nissan Stadium and past needed to in fact feel moderately of deja vu Sunday. Equipped with a possibility to purchase administration of the bustle for the AFC South — worthy luxuriate in Week 17 glorious season in opposition to the Colts — the Titans might well no longer muster the strength to dispute their legitimacy. Houston built a 14-0 lead on consecutive landing passes to Kenny Stills and appeared luxuriate in it would flee away with the game so long as it is far going to moreover make a choice possession, which Tennessee realized and countered with a third-quarter drive that lasted virtually 10 minutes.
They would maybe well no longer moderately salvage past the Texans, though, and that is the explanation in fact the yarn of this sport: Houston rose to the occasion, taking a possibility and making doubtlessly the most of it by constructing an early lead and icing it with a leisurely possession to plug forward by 10. For the first time since early November, Derrick Henry failed to reach 100 yards, another fulfillment for Houston’s protection. In appropriate vogue, a sack of Ryan Tannehill done it, pushing the Texans (9-5) into a one-sport advantage atop the South with two to play.
2. For the first time in Tannehill’s Titans profession, he showed tiny glimpses of the struggles that within the cessation ended his time in Miami. Credit goes to the Texans for taking part in stunning protection downfield in a vary of serious conditions, including breaking up a plug try on a counterfeit punt leisurely within the first half and pressuring the quarterback leisurely while nursing a seven-point lead. Such a efficiency makes one shock how this protection might well manufacture if it reaches the playoffs and is ready to welcome support J.J. Watt, a plug-dashing force it has lacked for loads of of the season. Adding consistent quarterback stress would manufacture the Texans — for the time being twenty seventh within the NFL in sacks with 26 — a much more mettlesome team in January.
3. The Titans (8-6) are aloof very worthy on this playoff bustle, nonetheless deserve to select out of their last two weeks, which contains a rematch with this Texans team. They showed a stunning wrinkle Sunday with the increased involvement of tight end Jonnu Smith, and their offense did ample to salvage it support within the game, nonetheless a an analogous efficiency — which integrated a effectively timed interception that kept the Texans from pushing their lead to 21-7 and resulted in a sport-tying rating — in opposition to Houston would mean another loss. They’ll clearly might moreover aloof be better in key moments, nonetheless they are likely to be no longer far off. Crunch time has arrived in Nashville.
— Prick Shook
Minnesota Vikings 39, Los Angeles Chargers 10
1. With the Packers winning early within the day and the Rams shedding to Dallas, the Vikings might well no longer manage to pay for a hiccup on the road in opposition to a Chargers team coming off one of its most spectacular performances of the season. After falling at the support of for a fleeting 2nd within the 2nd quarter, Mike Zimmer’s protection forced a whopping seven turnovers, protecting for an offense which misplaced wide title running support Dalvin Cook to a shoulder-damage aggravation and benefitted from honest 27 yards in Adam Thielen’s long-awaited return from a nagging hamstring. The Vikes entered halftime with numerous momentum after Danielle Hunter’s strip sack became returned for an Ifeadi Odenigbo landing with honest seven seconds left on the clock. Minnesota’s membership coasted the the relaxation of the manner, taking worthy of the suspense out of the Rams’ grunt to usurp the NFC’s No. 6 seed.
2. In a One year with out an obtrusive front-runner for NFL Defensive Participant of the Year, Vikings defensive end Danielle Hunter attach forth a solid argument with a sack, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery while the competition became aloof end. The youngest player to reach 50 profession sacks for the explanation that statistic became legit in 1982, Hunter entered the game ranked first among plug rushers in QB hurries, third in sack yardage, fourth in sacks and fifth in tackles for loss. The dearth of forced fumbles became perchance doubtlessly the most obtrusive blemish in his case for first-team All Official versus the likes of T.J. Watt, Shaquil Barrett, Cameron Jordan, Chandler Jones and the Bosa brothers.
3. The Chargers’ offense and particular teams positioned the bettering protection in compromising positions all afternoon, beginning with a pair of Melvin Gordon fumbles, extending to Philip Rivers’ horrendous ball protection and continuing thru an Eric Wilson blocked punt deep in Bolts territory. It’s been a tough contract One year for every of Rivers and Gordon. The latter price his team dearly in October by playing poorly in his return from an sick-fated holdout and spent the last 25 minutes of this day’s action staring at from the pinnacle coach’s doghouse. The frail has struggled with turnovers and tight-window throws all thru the season and can luxuriate in narrowly done with out his luxuriate in benching in desire of Tyrod Taylor two weeks ago. Do no longer be shocked if the Chargers delivery SoFi Stadium with a new quarterback-tailback tandem in 2020.
Kansas Metropolis Chiefs 23, Denver Broncos 3
1. It’s tainted how easy Patrick Mahomes makes quarterbacking think, even in a riding blizzard. This became a scandalous-weather health center by the 2018 MVP, with all of his skills on reward in a 340-yard effort: contact, accuracy, arm strength, timing and mobility. With very shrimp running sport to wait on him, this became the Chiefs passing a****k I’ve wished to think since Mahomes returned from damage, with Travis Kelce and Tyreek Hill taking turns making gargantuan plays. With all respect to MVPGOD Lamar Jackson, there is no QB I would rather luxuriate in down the stretch than Mahomes.
2. The weather became a gargantuan component, nonetheless this became Drew Lock’s regression sport. The Broncos quarterback done much less than half his passes and became flummoxed by Kansas Metropolis’s blitz capabilities. Alternatively, Lock wasn’t given worthy of a possibility since the Chiefs racked up 10 QB hits, including one more dominant efficiency by Chris Jones. He’d be one of my DPOY candidates if no longer for lacking three video games.
3. Jones is piece of a Chiefs plug protection that makes them a official title contender. Whereas they aloof path the Patriots by a sport of their behold a bye, the excellent combination of Tyrann Mathieu and Juan Thornhill at safety (three mixed passes defensed, one sack and one INT on Sunday) can provide any opposing quarterback suits. They duvet up blitzes and change coverages as well to any tandem in soccer.
— Gregg Rosenthal
Inexperienced Bay Packers 21, Chicago Bears 13
1. The 2 hundredth assembly between the Packers and Bears became epitomized by fourth downs. Inexperienced Bay scored a significant-quarter landing on a fourth-and-four dime from Aaron Rodgers to Davante Adams to provide the Packers an early lead they’d never relinquish. Chicago, meanwhile, went 0-3 on fourth-down makes an try that stalled drives and helped trigger the Bears to come up honest quick. The Packers jumped out to a 21-3 lead after support-to-support landing drives to begin the third quarter. Firstly of the 2nd-half, Rodgers feasted on gargantuan plays to love a flash blast down the enviornment, including an glorious plug to Jake Kumerow down the sideline that went for 49 yards, developing Aaron Jones’ 2nd TD flee. Because it has for worthy of the past month, then yet again, the Inexperienced Bay offense became inconsistent when the splash plays weren’t there. The Packers’ last five drives all ended in punts, including four three-and-outs to end the game. In what might moreover luxuriate in been a blowout, the Inexperienced Toddler lulls allowed the Bears to loaf round. Rodgers and Co. will deserve to nick out the chilly streaks in opposition to playoff-caliber teams come January within the event that they are looking to play into February.
2. Coming off his easiest two video games of the season, Mitchell Trubisky gave the Bears a possibility to climb support into the game with some colossal strikes over the middle, many cases finding Anthony Miller for chunk features. Trubisky attach up a season-excessive 348 yards on a whopping fifty three plug makes an try (29 completions), added a TD toss and two picks. It became his inconsistency, then yet again, that within the cessation precipitated the Bears to come up quick. Trubisky tossed a brutal interception to Packers defensive lineman Dean Lowry and became wayward in loads of key spots. The Bears went 9-of-20 on third downs, 0-3 on fourth and converted honest one of three red-zone appearances into a TD. After a expressionless delivery, Trubisky obtained in a groove within the 2nd half and made some stellar plays. Nonetheless the inconsistencies, specifically when he didn’t predicament his feet, proved too worthy to conquer. The shortcoming of a running sport damage the Bears, and Trubisky didn’t employ his legs as worthy as we would considered in latest weeks. Miller (9/118/1) and Allen Robinson (7/125) every devoured up the Packers secondary, nonetheless it wasn’t ample on the road to entire the comeback grunt.
3. Pulling off the victory vaults the Packers to 11-3. Inexperienced Bay clinched a postseason berth with the Los Angeles Rams’ loss to the Cowboys. The Packers’ third straight make a choice devices up a huge showdown with the Minnesota Vikings with the NFC North likely on the line. Sitting within the No. 2 location within the conference, Matt LaFleur’s team can lock down a significant-round bye by winning out the last two weeks. The loss knocks the Bears to 7-7, and all nonetheless eliminates Chicago from the postseason. After winning the division in his first season, Matt Nagy’s 2nd One year in Chicago has been an up-and-down disappointment that became epitomized by increasing quick at Lambeau Self-discipline on Sunday.
— Kevin Patra
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 38, Detroit Lions 17
1. With postseason chances long since dissipated into offseason questions for every the Buccaneers and Lions, the existing storylines of this sport had been worthy the identical as they’ve been for the season. For Detroit, injuries and total struggles persisted to mount. For Tampa Bay, the one-man curler coaster in most cases called Jameis Winston sped alongside, staying on the tracks no topic all the acquainted indicators that it would derail. With his 2nd profession-excessive 400-yard dawdle in as many weeks, Winston threw four touchdowns — including three to Breshad Perriman — as the Buccaneers blasted past the Lions, 38-17, with misplaced seasons for every coming closer to their conclusions.
Staunch as the day is long and water is moist, Winston is appropriate for a turnover. As has came about repeatedly yet again, he threw an interception (his league-main twenty fourth of the One year) on the first drive of the game. Factual to make, he threw a landing on his next, as a ridiculous first quarter became on its manner. Winston threw for 221 yards on honest 10 completions, handing over doubtlessly the most passing yards in a significant stanza within the league this season, while the Lions bumbled to 1 yard (sure, one yard) of offense within the identical quarter-hour and trailed, 14-0. Within the identical quarter, Shaq Barrett notched a sack — striking him at 16.5 for the season and in a tie with Warren Sapp for doubtlessly the most in team history. One plan or the opposite the Lions later made a sport of it as this Bucs season has very worthy been characterised by gaudy individual numbers and struggling team results. Overall, though, this became a exquisite day for Winston, who done 28-of-42 passes for 458 yards, four scores and a 124.9 rating. The Buccaneers (7-7) are .500 and revel in obtained four in a row. With out a playoffs to play for, right here’s about as appropriate an end result as Tampa Bay might moreover luxuriate in hoped to manufacture.
2. Wes Hills did his easiest Bo Scarbrough. On Saturday, Hills became signed off the apply squad and by Sunday afternoon became the lead support for the Lions — honest as Scarbrough did the week before he too fell to smash luxuriate in seemingly every other Lions starter. Hills had two touchdowns on the day, his 2nd drawing Detroit to within 24-17 a technique or the opposite, a technique or the opposite in a sport that started and felt luxuriate in a huge blowout. When Hills bulled in for his 2nd landing flee of the game, it gave him six yards on nine carries — a mean of 0.7 yards per lift. He done with 21 yards in his NFL debut and became emblematic of a team ravaged by injuries and seemingly fiddling with its 17th string. The David Blough in fact feel-appropriate yarn lasted all of some drives on Thanksgiving as the Detroit third-stringer had a pair of interceptions Sunday, though it a technique or the opposite gave the influence luxuriate in more, and a 54.4 rating. Dismantled by injuries and losers of seven straight, for this pleasure of Lions (3-9-1), the offseason, relaxation for the weary and an abundance of adjustments can’t come rapidly ample.
3. With a season misplaced, the Bucs misplaced a film wide title for a 2nd straight week. Mike Evans left with a hamstring damage following a landing rating a week ago and this time round it became his fellow 1,000-yard receiver Chris Godwin. After a five-make a choice, 121-yard dawdle, Godwin came up limping after running a route. After taking a seat on the enviornment, he grabbed the support of his left leg. He limped to the sideline beneath his luxuriate in vitality accompanied by trainers before he became carted to the locker room and misplaced for the the relaxation of the game. The skills of the Bucs wideout tandem has been showcased and has likely been the biggest highlight of the season for Tampa Bay. Sadly, Evans and Godwin luxuriate in limped to their season’s end before the the relaxation of the squad.
— Grant Gordon
Seattle Seahawks 30, Carolina Panthers 24
1. Things obtained hairy leisurely, nonetheless the Seahawks’ protection, down four starters, held it together within the make a choice. Till Carolina’s leisurely 14-0 flee, it became onerous to grunt that Jadeveon Clowney, Ziggy Ansah, Mychal Kendricks and Shaquil Griffin had been slothful, nonetheless it became resolute they had been overlooked down the stretch. Before exiting with rather beneath seven minutes to plug, linebacker Bobby Wagner became rolling, tallying 10 tackles, two passes defensed and an interception. On the drive following Wagner’s damage, the Seahawks’ depleted D allowed an efficient seven-play, 84-yard Panthers TD drive. Calm, the comeback try, while discouraging after giving up 28 substances to the Rams in Week 14, wasn’t meant to be; Carolina handiest scoring a enviornment blueprint on the four 2nd-half drives before the TDs likely had one thing to enact with that. Linebacker K.J. Wright done with two picks — his first profession multi-INT sport — to plug at the side of two PDs and 4 tackles. Corners Tre Flowers (six tackles, forced fumble) and Bradley McDougald (six tackles, PD) held it down within the secondary, nonetheless the D-line, which compelled Allen recurrently nonetheless sacked him as soon as, overlooked the depth. Wagner’s health (coach Pete Carroll stated postgame it appears to be luxuriate in a sprain) could be a hot topic to behold.
2. It will maybe maybe well moreover luxuriate in been an even day nonetheless it became more of the identical stuff from the Panthers offense: Kyle Allen (25/41, 277 yards, 1-3 TD-INT) raised questions while Christian McCaffrey raised eyebrows with another monster efficiency, en route to becoming the first Panther to construct up 2,000 scrimmage yards in a season. Coming into the game, McCaffrey accounted for over 50 p.c of Carolina’s offensive touches; on Sunday, he done with 19 carries for 87 whisk yards and two TDs — his first scores since Week 12 — and eight catches for 88 yards.
3. The Seahawks hadn’t scored on a gap drive since Week 9; they rattled off three straight TDs to begin the afternoon. Over the glorious four weeks, Russell Wilson had no longer been taking a explore luxuriate in himself, throwing more picks (four) in that span than he had within the previous nine video games mixed (one). He made up for that with 286 yards and two scores. As fashioned, Tyler Lockett (8/120/1), D.K. Metcalf (2/36/1) and Josh Gordon (1/58) had been on the opposite end of some spectacular Wilson throws. Running support Chris Carson (24/133/2) also had a significant day, becoming the first ‘Hawks running support since Marshawn Lynch in 2014 to luxuriate in consecutive 1,000-yard-plus dashing seasons.
— Jelani Scott
Unusual England Patriots 34, Cincinnati Bengals 13
1. It became neck and neck between the Patriots and Bengals within the first half, nonetheless Unusual England’s protection became up the warmth within the 2nd half to clinch a playoff location. The Patriots picked off Andy Dalton four cases, with three within the third quarter by myself. Cornerback Stephon Gilmore recorded two of the interceptions, one he took to the residence for a 64-yard landing. Gilmore leads the league with six interceptions. This became his third profession multi-interception sport — his first with the Patriots, per NFL Be taught. Unusual England leads the league with seven non-offensive TDs for the season.
2. The Bengals ran thru the Patriots protection within the first two quarters. They ran the ball on eight straight plays before Dalton threw an eight-yard plug to tight end Cethan Carter to rating a TD on their opening drive for the first time this season. The Bengals veteran the flee sport to dominate the time of possession within the first quarter by dashing Joe Mixon 10 cases for 72 yards. Mixon helped the offense take care of away from its first interception of the day by catching a deflected plug from Dalton for 11 yards. Mixon done with 156 scrimmage yards. Dalton done a bigger first half than Tom Brady, nonetheless the Patriots protection dug a gap within the 2nd half that the Bengals might moreover no longer salvage out of. Dalton done the day 17-for-31 for 151 yards and a landing.
3. The offense continues to be an anguish for the Patriots. Invoice Belichick might deserve to make employ of Gilmore on the opposite aspect of the ball since he became the team’s easiest receiver this day. Julian Edelman (two receptions for nine yards) didn’t think luxuriate in his fashioned self on the enviornment. Sooner than the game NFL Network’s Mike Giardi reported that he became going thru a tendon anguish in his left knee. After the game he instructed newshounds “every person appears to be going thru one thing.”
— Lakisha Wesseling
Unusual York Giants 36, Miami Dolphins 20
1. Sunday’s tilt marked the end of an era of Giants soccer. With Daniel Jones aloof bettering from a excessive-ankle sprain, broken-down quarterback Eli Manning obtained the delivery as soon as yet again for what’s anticipated to be his last residence sport as a Wide. After a season rotund of miscues and injuries, it is becoming their easiest sport of the 2019 campaign comes all thru the 2-time Shimmering Bowl champion’s farewell. The Giants (3-11) took the make a choice, beating up on the struggling Dolphins, and Manning’s profession story moves support to .500 (117-117). The Giants’ offense obtained off to a expressionless delivery within the first half, scoring as soon as on a 51-yard landing plug to Golden Tate. With rather over six minutes last within the third quarter, the Giants’ protection came up take dangle of, forcing a safety — thanks to Sam Beal — which resulted in a TD on the next drive. Loopy ample, that became the first safety for the Giants in 40 video games. N.Y. pulled Manning with 1:50 last within the game to provide the Giants’ legend a appropriate sendoff as he became met with a standing ovation and “Eli” chants. Manning done the matchup 20-of-28 with two TDs and a trio of interceptions.
2. Saquon Barkley is support. The Giants running support appeared luxuriate in his frail self for the first time since battling an ankle damage earlier this One year. Barkley galloped to 112 yards and two touchdowns — which is his 2nd-most voguish yards in a single sport this season. The 2nd half showed a Giants offense within the cessation clicking after season-long debates about what’s scandalous with this team. Clearly, or no longer it is too shrimp too leisurely for Ample Blue. Nonetheless Barkley obtained the monkey off his support Sunday, proving he could be the player that earned numerous accolades and reward glorious season.
3. No topic Ryan Fitzpatrick’s wizardry, the Dolphins had been unable to muster up any FitzMagic on the road. The Dolphins (3-11) came out of the gate fearless and appeared luxuriate in they would manufacture this a flowery afternoon for the Giants. Nonetheless then the 2nd half came about. The Fins collapsed and fumbles, drops, and overlooked opportunities sealed the destiny for the membership. One component is definite, Fitzpatrick is a thrilling player to behold when he’s attach beneath stress and the Giants’ D afforded that different loads of cases.
— Andie Hagemann
Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 27
1. The Eagles needed to luxuriate in this, and they barely obtained it. So it goes within the NFC East, where teams hardly ever beat winning teams. Philadelphia, owner of the division’s three wins in opposition to teams over .500, didn’t attain off the three-make a choice Redskins except the last play at FedExField. Washington stood at Philly’s 42 with six seconds last when a botched hail Mary try morphed into an sick-fated lateral that Nigel Bradham scooped up for a 47-yard landing. Carson Wentz done hero before that, guiding the offense on a pair of long scoring drives. Both came with the Eagles trailing, the latter highlighted by a four-yard plug to Greg Ward. It became Wentz’s third TD toss of the game and capped off his 2nd fourth-quarter comeback make a choice in as many weeks. The Eagles (7-7) are .500 yet again and tied with the Cowboys, who beat the Rams this afternoon and dawdle to Philly next weekend.
2. Dwayne Haskins obtained’t come out of this one celebrating. Nonetheless he can behold the film appreciating what he did. The rookie QB had arguably his easiest sport since becoming Washington’s starter in November. With frail college coach Metropolis Meyer staring at from the owner’s suite, Haskins done 19 of 28 passes for a profession-excessive 261 yards and two touchdowns with out a interceptions. Indubitably, he didn’t story a turnover except the game’s last play. Haskins closed out the third quarter main a 75-yard scoring drive that temporarily attach the Redskins forward. Adrian Peterson done it off with a 10-yard TD, tying Walter Payton for fourth in dashing touchdowns (110). Peterson also surpassed Curtis Martin for fifth on the all-time dashing listing (14,102). Nonetheless the more important construction as it concerns Washington’s future became Haskins. He led consecutive landing drives within the first half, one of which being a 75-yard scoring plug to Terry McLaurin. The fellow rookie caught five passes for 130 yards. Whomever Dan Snyder tabs to lead his team in 2020, this sport, albeit a loss, supplied motive for optimism.
3. Philadelphia appears to be like to luxuriate in within the cessation stumbled on its running support. It had been bigger than two years since they had a 100-yard rusher. It became 10 years ago that LeSean McCoy predicament the franchise’s rookie story for dashing yards. Miles Sanders changed all that Sunday in opposition to the Redskins. The 2nd-round make a choice ran 19 cases for 122 yards, giving him 687 for the season. He became the Eagles’ first 100-yard rusher in 42 video games, glorious done by LeGarrette Blount. Sanders didn’t hand over there. He held on to an absolute drag from Carson Wentz within the nook of the end zone for a 15-yard landing, giving him two scores within the game. Sanders tallied six catches for 50 yards within the make a choice. He now has 1,120 yards from scrimmage on the season, breaking DeSean Jackson’s franchise rookie story. Sanders, clearly, aloof has two video games left to play.
— Adam Maya
Arizona Cardinals 38, Cleveland Browns 24
1. Two weeks after an fully dreadful efficiency, the Arizona Cardinals appeared luxuriate in a utterly varied team, beginning with the offense. The Cardinals punched the Browns within the mouth with their opening drive, a 10-play, 90-yard march capped by a bustle option flee for a Kenyan Drake landing. Drake had four — sure, four — dashing touchdowns on the afternoon as piece of an offense that ripped up 226 yards on the bottom in opposition to a protection that gave up 100 much less than that on moderate per sport coming into Sunday. Patrick Peterson made appropriate on his guarantee to the CBS broadcast crew that he’d snag an interception when he picked off Baker Mayfield within the end zone on Cleveland’s first possession.
It became a entire team victory for the Cardinals, who at 4-9-1 are playing for the long flee, nonetheless proving within the glorious two weeks that they honest could be turning an early nook in Kliff Kingsbury’s first season as head coach.
2. Sunday became a gathering stuffed with familiarity. Freddie Kitchens became returning to the placement he called residence for a decade as an assistant coach. Steve Wilks became support within the stadium by which he served as a head coach for the 2018 season. Ricky Seals-Jones caught two touchdowns in opposition to his used team. Nonetheless it indubitably became Kingsbury and Kyler Murray, frail coach and teammate of Mayfield, who took it to the Browns, striking up 38 substances and scoring on six of their nine entire possessions. Wilks’ return to Arizona wasn’t what he’d likely envisioned, and the identical goes for Freddie Kitchens, whose team became outplayed on all fronts in a sport his squad fully needed to select to take care of postseason hopes alive. So worthy for overjoyed reunions.
3. The game permanently became early within the fourth quarter when the Browns had been stopped quick at Arizona’s 27 and, trailing by 11, elected to try a enviornment blueprint, infuriating Jarvis Landry. As the kicking unit trotted on for the strive, a frustrated Landry barked at his coach on the sideline in an change caught by CBS cameras. Austin Seibert’s omit further frustrated Mayfield, Landry and Beckham, who done with eight catches on 13 targets nonetheless became left handiest to explore dejectedly on the bench alongside Landry, who held his fingers below his hung head. It became the Browns’ season in one image.
CBS color commentator Jay Feely stated the Browns appeared “uninspired, they haven’t done onerous, haven’t done physical” and he’s completely. In a sport they wished to select or else, they wilted, and the postseason e-book all nonetheless closed on them. How the Browns attain their last month might well impact the group’s direction come January. They didn’t think too appropriate in that department Sunday.
— Prick Shook