Right here is what we discovered from Sunday’s Week 16 slate:
Philadelphia Eagles 17, Dallas Cowboys 9
1. This sport obtained off to a sizzling originate thanks to the Eagles sprinting out of the tunnel and into the pause zone, and then it turned correct into a gradual afternoon nap.
OK, presumably it wasn’t that infamous, but it appears virtually too ideal for this snooze-stuffed NFC East that does no longer are looking to separate contender from pretender (presumably they’re one and the the same?) to work toward begrudgingly deciding itself by slogging thru nearly three quarters of pure attrition. In deserve to procuring and selling errant shots from one trench to the quite a lot of, the Cowboys and Eagles traded failed third-down conversion attempts and ensuing punts.
The Eagles broke thru gradual, even though, thanks to a mountainous play made by little-identified quarterback-turned-wideout Greg Ward. It was once fitting for these Eagles, who’re with out a huge assortment of skills they once counted on to make most of these performs. It wasn’t DeSean Jackson or Alshon Jeffery making the 38-yard reception that whisper up Miles Sanders’ 1-yard touchdown bustle, but Ward, closing week’s hero who stepped up yet again within the clutch. Thanks to the underdogs enjoy Ward and others, and the preparation of coach Doug Pederson, the Eagles are a victory from successful the NFC East.
2. If the Eagles pause up successful the division, Dallas Goedert will derive himself taking part in his first taste of Philadelphia sports actions royalty. The tight pause with a frame the same to that of Zach Ertz was once requested to absorb the void left by the more vital tight pause when he suffered a rib ruin, and boy, did he answer that resolution. Goedert carried out with 9 receptions for 91 yards and a touchdown, alongside with two huge grabs made to elongate possessions with unique sets of downs gradual with the Eagles clinging to their eight-level lead. His closing was once the most spectacular, making the do away with and tight-roping the sideline satisfactory to transfer the chains. Sanders carried out it off with a 38-yard bustle thru the center of Dallas’ defense three performs later.
Philadelphia began with a touchdown circulation to Goedert and carried out by going appropriate support to him. That will make the diehards in Philadelphia take care of him for weeks, and presumably years to shut support.
3. The Cowboys showed us a perceive of what they wants to be closing week after they dominated the Rams, but fell appropriate support to earth in a antagonistic atmosphere Sunday. Dallas waded its manner thru a sleepy first half of, mustering six points but totally after managing to get up off the mat after the Eagles landed an early haymaker, and did no longer search out the pause zone all night. Ezekiel Elliott tapped out for a play and did no longer fade help in on 2d or third down, as a substitute leaving it to Tony Pollard, who fumbled on third all the method in which down to pause Dallas’ first possession of the 2d half of. Dak Prescott couldn’t derive targets on third downs all over quite a lot of the 2d half of (even though he had a nice fourth-down completion), because the Cowboys transformed fair three of 14 such attempts. Amari Cooper spent the largest fourth down on the sideline after an errant circulation from Prescott fell quick of him on third down, and that would possibly maybe well be the most emblematic image from this full season. With the underachieving Cowboys up in opposition to it, their most though-provoking target wasn’t even on the topic.
These are the Cowboys, sadly. There is too vital proof at this expose show the rest but that disappointing actuality. They’re going to now need the Eagles to lose in Week 17 in represent to salvage their postseason hopes.
— Nick Shook
Arizona Cardinals 27, Seattle Seahawks 13
1. Kyler Murray exited Sunday’s sport due to a hamstring ruin with the Arizona Cardinals leading 20-7 early within the third quarter, and the field expected a Seahawks comeback. The Cards’ defense and Brett Hundley had varied plans. The backup quarterback led a 9-play, 78-yard touchdown drive that milked the clock to supply Arizona cushion gradual, negating any Russell Wilson magic. Largely ineffective thru the air, Hundley feeble his legs on that scoring drive, evading defenders and picking up first downs. Murray spun magic thru two-plus quarters, making bullet throws, heady scrambles, and intellectual magic, because the Cards managed the sport earlier than he exited with the hamstring ruin. Kenyan Drake is set to derive P-A-I-D, paid. The working support, who was once head-scratchingly mothballed in Miami, over yet again dominated. The speedster dashed for an 80-yard touchdown bustle within the predominant quarter throughout which he outraced Seattle’s defensive angles. Drake devoured up a profession-high 166 yards on 24 carries with two touchdowns, motoring the Cards offense every earlier than and after Murray’s ruin. Sunday was once the most up-to-date instance of brighter days ahead in Arizona below Kliff Kingsbury.
2. Seattle looked unbeatable to open the sport, picking up chunk beneficial properties with ease on an 89-yards, 9-play touchdown drive. The offense went to sleep the remainder of the manner. The Seahawks subsequent six drives generated 40 yards, two first downs, four straight three-and-outs and two performs for negative yards earlier than halftime. The Cardinals defense swarmed conserving Seattle to a meager 224 entire yards — 135 after the outlet drive — 1 of 12 on third down and fair 13 entire first downs. With working backs Chris Carson (hip) and C.J. Prosise (arm) being dominated out at halftime with accidents, Seattle’s offense had no identity. Sixth-spherical rookie Travis Homer was once the totally support left. Under siege on the support of a brutal offensive line that came in banged up, Russell Wilson was once robotically fleeing for his lifestyles. Against an Arizona defense that had been flamed thru the air this season, Wilson generated fair 169 yards and a TD on 16-of-31 passing. Tyler Lockett was once smothered, alongside with his totally do away with on eight targets coming with 11:59 left within the sport, and D.K. Metcalf assign up a goose-egg. And not utilizing a one to dam Chandler Jones, the Seahawks offense was once a dink-and-dunk operation to Homer as they tried to shut support support. That’s no manner to are residing and ought to silent be especially daunting subsequent week in opposition to San Francisco and into January.
3. Chandler Jones deserves consideration for the Defensive Player of the three hundred and sixty five days award. Positive, his crew is marred at 5-9-1, however the circulation-rusher leads the NFL with 19 sacks, after picking up four Sunday in opposition to Wilson. Jones was once unblockable all sport, creating havoc within the Seahawks’ backfield and wrecking play after play after play after play. Where the ball was once, so was once Jones. His closing stat line was once ridiculous: Four sacks, six tackles, six QB hits, two tackles for loss, and two forced fumbles. Give the particular person some take care of, world. For Seattle, the disappointing loss locations their represent at 11-4 sooner than a showdown with the 49ers for the NFC West at streetlevel subsequent Sunday night. Pete Carroll’s crew can silent derive the division and derive a bye, but lifestyles is a ways tougher to receive with out a doubt one of many pause two seeds after the loss.
— Kevin Patra
Contemporary Orleans Saints 38, Tennessee Titans 28
1. A sleepy, sloppy, penalty-stuffed originate by the Saints noticed Drew Bees and Co. dig a 14-0 gap earlier than Contemporary Orleans awoke on either facet of the ball. Trailing 14-3 with below three minutes final within the predominant half of, the Saints’ subsequent 5 possessions went touchdown, pause of half of, touchdown, touchdown and touchdown, Contemporary Orleans scoring 24 straight points at one expose derive a 31-21 lead it would never relinquish. Alvin Kamara loved his most though-provoking sport in weeks, blasting off a 40-yard touchdown to open the half of, his longest of the season, and his first TD since Week 3. Kamara looked more enjoy the dynamic support we’re feeble to seeing gobbling up 110 scrimmage yards and his first two-rushing TD sport of the season. After a tiresome originate outside, Brees caught a groove within the 2d half of, throwing dimes as he compiled three touchdown passes to elongate his NFL represent back to 544 for his profession. Because the Titans saved the sport shut, it was once apropos that Brees came all over Michael Thomas most ceaselessly down the stretch. In a magical season, Thomas generated his third straight sport with 11 or more receptions, gobbling up 12 catches for 136 yards and a TD to interrupt Marvin Harrison’s single-season NFL do away with represent. Thomas has 145 catches with one week to head.
2. Ryan Tannehill continues to provoke, throwing strikes because the Titans streaked out of the gate with mountainous performs to derive the lead. It was once a 5-assortment stretch, nonetheless, that somehow cost the Titans. After taking a 14-0 lead, Tennessee’s subsequent 5 drives generated fair 42 entire yards, all ending in punts. After getting down double digits, Tannehill battled the Titans support to preserve up the sport shut, throwing three TDs, zero INTs and 272 yards passing, despite suspect blockading that cost him 5 sacks. With Derrick Henry sitting due to a hamstring ruin, the Tennessee offense wasn’t in a characteristic to grind the ball enjoy we would change into acquainted with seeing. Credit Tannehill with conserving the Titans within the sport sans the offensive centerpiece.
3. The victory keeps the Saints (12-3) searching for a doable playoff bye. Despite a plethora of defensive accidents, Sean Payton’s crew stood gargantuan in key moments Sunday until the offense obtained churning. Contemporary Orleans can no longer enact with worse than the No. 3 seed, but has its sights whisper on with out a doubt one of many pause two spots within the NFC, and doubtlessly the No. 1 seed. With the Carolina Panthers on the docket in Week 17, attending to 13-3 will likely be satisfactory. Level-headed, Contemporary Orleans stays in a dogfight with the 49ers (12-3), Seahawks (11-3, playing a gradual sport versus Arizona) and the Packers (11-3, playing Monday night) for a postseason bye. The Titans (8-7) loss technique little within the enormous scheme and did so coming into the sport (likely the motive Henry sat). With the Steelers shedding to the Jets, Tennessee’s postseason path is straightforward: Beat the Houston Texans subsequent week. Since Tannehill took over, the Titans comprise played enjoy a playoff crew. Now they comprise got one sport to cement it.
— Kevin Patra
Baltimore Ravens 31, Cleveland Browns 15
1. The Browns drew up the totally idea that has in actuality beaten Lamar Jackson since the predominant month of the season, and they were following it yet again, albeit with lesser defensive personnel, thru 25 minutes of sport action. Then Jackson tore it to shreds in less than two minutes.
Jackson and Co. went appropriate down the topic no longer once, but twice, scoring two touchdowns to wipe out nearly two quarters’ price of sure momentum for Cleveland and remind of us of who principles the AFC North. After gaining 120 yards on its first four possessions, Baltimore racked up 138 yards, seven first downs and two touchdowns in 1:18 of sport time, then adopted it up with a methodical drive to its third straight time out to the pause zone in as many possessions to originate the 2d half of. In a flash, a ruin and a march, the Ravens gained the sport.
So cements the reality that the Browns’ Week 4 select over the Ravens was once an aberration, a product of a past 2d in time throughout which they were a stronger and hopeful squad.
2. Freddie Kitchens can no longer creep blame for his crew’s meltdown within the closing minutes of the predominant half of. After Baltimore took a 7-6 lead, Kitchens rode his fatally aggressive model to a possession that took fair 0:23 off the clock and opened the door for the Ravens to yet again skim down the topic to completely struggle away momentum.
Earlier this season, Kitchens tried to shut a half of in aggressive trend with the target of scoring, getting the ball support and scoring yet again, as he’d level to later on. It was once equally fatal to Cleveland’s hopes.
For the 2d straight week, a considerable particular person wideout (this time, Odell Beckham Jr.) went to the sideline gradual to alternate heated words with Kitchens. The requires his job are louder than ever, and Browns followers went dwelling from the crew’s closing dwelling sport of 2019 with the the same disappointment that has too assuredly plagued dwelling finales. The principle season throughout which the Browns (6-9) beaten every AFC North crew on the least once appears wasted with the postseason now out of the question. Or no longer it is arduous to deem there gained’t be some repercussions near January.
3. One in every of Baltimore’s excellent strengths is its skill to transfer the chains on third down. The Ravens were 7-of-11 on third down Sunday, relying carefully on tight pause Impress Andrews and Jackson’s expeditiously-fireplace skill to derive the ball out to a target at or beyond the sticks. The frequency with which Baltimore moved the chains had to be demoralizing to Cleveland’s shorthanded defense. In deserve to compelling Ravens errors, it was once Baltimore that was once doing precisely what it desired to beat a deficit, pad its lead and guarantee it wasn’t going to be swept by Cleveland.
We’ll deserve to wait to be taught more about the smartly being whisper of Impress Ingram, who left with a calf ruin, but these Ravens (13-2) support cruising into the postseason with one thing they’ve never owned until now: the No. 1 seed within the AFC.
— Nick Shook
Contemporary York Jets 16, Pittsburgh Steelers 10
1. With the sport at streetlevel, Devlin “Duck” Hodges fumbled the snap and chucked it errantly into middle topic, the ball, alongside with a 16-10 Steelers loss to the Jets, falling to the ground. Hodges, following two first-half of interceptions, was once benched and then returned as Mason Rudolph — who threw the Steelers’ totally touchdown of the day — left with an injured shoulder. Because the Steelers’ chaotic quarterback carousel spins alongside and the offense as a full struggles to preserve up scoring drives and smartly being, alike, it is the defense, a fearsome contingent of first-rounders, that is leading the manner — hopefully support to the playoffs. Yep, the Steelers silent comprise their sights and in actuality real hopes whisper on the AFC’s No. 6 whisper. JuJu Smith-Schuster returned from ruin, James Conner left with one other one and Maurkice Pouncey hitched a cart poke, too. Level-headed, the Steelers defense, led by T.J. Watt and his first-spherical mates (the Steelers comprise eight first-rounders on defense) held the Jets’ inept offense to one touchdown and 259 yards. Because it has all season, the Pittsburgh defense gave the Steelers of venture. Sitting at 8-7, the Steelers silent comprise of venture to derive into the playoffs with a sport left in opposition to the mighty Ravens, who comprise already locked up the pause seed and would possibly maybe well smartly comprise little incentive.
2. Although certainties (in air quotes) were made by the franchise that Adam Gase will return for a 2d season, this victory over a imaginable playoff crew bodes smartly for one other advertising campaign with eyes centered on turning around Gang Inexperienced. The offense continued to struggle, even though, with a touchdown circulation from Sam Darnold and a trio of Sam Ficken topic targets standing because the offensive manufacturing. Taking part in in opposition to this kind of heroic defense because the Steelers supply, presumably that is excuse satisfactory for this week. But amid the entire tumult of this for the time being 6-9 season, Gregg Williams’ defense looked appropriate over yet again. The returns of Jamal Adams (sport-high eight tackles, alongside with two for a loss) and cornerback Brian Poole boded smartly and an radiant Marcus Maye circulation deflection gradual saved the day. Offensive woes dwell, however the Jets defense continues to supply constructing blocks going ahead.
3. For the predominant time — presumably since the pause of the 2017 season — Le’Veon Bell obtained to perceive his outmoded Steelers teammates. He even showed up in yellow shirt and dim pants. It was once vital ado for little, even though. Bell began with a pair of seven-yard bursts on the predominant drive, but carried out the day with an underwhelming 72 yards on 25 carries, a paltry 2.9 yards per carry to level for the victory. It very vital encapsulated Bell’s debut in Gotham; there was once loads to chat about earlier than the sport, but no longer vital after it.
— Grant Gordon
Indianapolis Colts 38, Carolina Panthers 6
1. There wasn’t vital at streetlevel as it eager these respective teams. But that was once ceaselessly the case for sure players. Nyheim Hines will comprise gained himself a beginning job. He grew to alter into the predominant NFL player since 2012 to shut support two punts for touchdowns in a single sport, going for 84 and 71 yards respectively. Hines nearly took his first punt return to the dwelling as smartly, making a entire lot of defenders omit en route to a 40-yard return that whisper up the Colts’ first touchdown. Hines’ 195 PR yards were the fourth-most ever and fair 12 alarmed of LeRoy Irvin’s all-time represent. And Hines did it with fair these three returns. The 2d-three hundred and sixty five days working support came into the sport with nearly as many receptions (40) as rushing attempts (44), and fair four punt returns. His special skill warrants a unique role in Indy (7-8).
2. In what is one other lost season for the Panthers (5-10), to brush apart the exploits of Christian McCaffrey would possibly maybe well be much like throwing the toddler out with the bathwater. He’s totally having with out a doubt one of many most prolific seasons in NFL history. With a franchise-represent 15 catches Sunday, McCaffrey reset his hang NFL represent for RB receptions in a season with 109. He’s the predominant-ever working support to hit the century impress twice, and he’s carried out it in consecutive seasons. Furthermore, totally Michael Thomas (321) has caught more passes in his first three seasons than CMC’s 296. With one sport to play, McCaffrey wants 216 yards in opposition to the Saints subsequent week to interrupt Chris Johnson’s represent for yards from scrimmage in a season (2,509).
3. Welcome to the league, Will Grier. It was once a tough debut for the 2019 third-rounder, as he was once sacked 5 times and intercepted thrice. He threw for fair 224 yards and averaged 5.1 yards an strive, all while ending fair 12 of 29 passes to Panthers no longer named McCaffrey. It’ll be arduous to evaluate what Grier is in these closing weeks with a makeshift coaching team. However the rookie QB will likely be desirous to assign higher play on tape within the unique-or-garden-season finale because the Carolina front establish of job contemplates mountainous selections about its future.
— Adam Maya
Contemporary York Giants 41, Washington Redskins 35 (OT)
1. Even with their mixed select entire of six coming in, the struggling Giants and Redskins would’ve been out of playoff contention. Level-headed, the NFC East foes battled gradual into the afternoon, Case Keenum emerging from the bench to steer his woebegone Redskins into overtime in opposition to the returning Daniel Jones and resurgent Saquon Barkley. On a day that did no longer topic within the standings, it was once Danny Dimes who threw a nickel’s price of touchdown passes, the closing coming in overtime to Kaden Smith for a 41-35 Giants conquer the Redskins. Making his manner support from an ankle ruin that allowed Eli Manning to comprise a fitting poke into the sunset, Jones looked outstanding from out of the ordinary originate to clutch ending for the Giants (4-11) in opposition to the Redskins (3-12). On a day throughout which he was once locked in a duel with fellow first-rounder Dwayne Haskins and somehow outlasted him, Jones was once 28-for-42 for 352 yards and a 132.1 rating, the yards, rating and 5 touchdowns all season-highs. From Jones to Barkley (perceive under) and about a others, a perceive was once supplied of what the Giants offense hopes to be for autumns ahead.
2. Absolutely there were of us that doubted Saquon Barkley would return to his rookie-phenom derive. But this Sunday, preceded by a 112-yard day time out in opposition to the Dolphins, noticed Barkley flash his old self and renew hope with a profession-high 189 yards rushing, buoyed by a 67-yard first-quarter touchdown bustle that was once his longest jaunt of the three hundred and sixty five days. Versatile as we endure in mind, he added a 33-yard touchdown do away with as with out a doubt one of his four grabs for 90 yards as portion of a profession-high 279 scrimmage yards. Barkley’s support, skillful and special as continually and silent budding with skill to steer the Giants support from the doldrums.
3. From development to distress went Dwayne Haskins’ Sunday. The 2019 15th overall derive made his NFL debut in a Week 4 loss to the Giants. Although he did no longer originate, he had three interceptions, a 32.8 rating and was once 9-for-17 for 107 yards in that sport. Within the predominant two drives on Sunday, he was once 9-of-9 for 111 yards, two touchdowns and a sterling 157.6 rating. Without argument, it was once the correct he’s looked in a trying rookie advertising campaign. But then came a Markus Golden sack and a cart poke to the locker room. Haskins left and did no longer return to action with an ankle ruin. He did return to the sideline, even though, and watched his crew rally. Even though it ended with a limp, this was once a hugely sure step ahead for Haskins in a rematch with the crew in opposition to which he had the worst exhibiting of his first three hundred and sixty five days.
— Grant Gordon
Atlanta Falcons 24, Jacksonville Jaguars 12
1. Two squads with 5-9 records, lame duck head coaches and unmet expectations confronted off Sunday afternoon in Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. The Falcons obtained on the board early with a pair of touchdowns by Devonta Freeman within the predominant quarter. The Falcons offense efforted a smartly-balanced assault in opposition to the struggling Jaguars defense. Alongside with Freeman, Julio Jones had a mountainous day with 166 yards on 10 receptions. Atlanta’s offensive line, which has been a controversy this three hundred and sixty five days, blocked smartly, permitting Matt Ryan and Co. to transfer the ball around evenly. Then yet again, the Falcons (6-9) weren’t error-free and had a lot of missed alternatives. It was once thrilling to perceive the offense sooner or later click on but time is no longer in any respect times on their facet. Perchance it will likely be only satisfactory to show there would possibly be a lot of appropriate pieces on this Falcons roster.
2. Days after parting ways with Tom Coughlin and resetting the clocks around the crew facility, it was once assumed a revitalized Jaguars crew would derive the topic. It did no longer. The Jags (5-10) fell correct into a gap early getting blanked within the predominant quarter. Down 24-6 gradual within the fourth quarter, Gardner Minshew tossed his first and totally TD circulation of the sport to Chris Conley. The gradual burst was once too little too gradual, which sums up the Jaguars’ season completely.
3. Since this turned out to be an underwhelming sport, let’s discuss about represent-setting performances! Sunday’s matchup featured two mountainous moments for a pair of players. Jaguars working support Leonard Fournette reached over 1,600 yards from scrimmage and over 75 receptions this season, edging out old Jags represent-holders Maurice Jones-Drew (2011) and Jimmy Smith (1999), respectively. Falcons considerable particular person receiver Julio Jones grew to alter into the quickest player to reach 12,000 receiving yards.
— Andie Hagemann
Miami Dolphins 38, Cincinnati Bengals 35 (OT)
1. A sport that had no playoff implications ended up being with out a doubt one of many most stress-free games of the day due to a wild enact. The Dolphins (4-11) had the sport within the bring together for fair about four quarters. Ryan Fitzpatrick was once on fireplace out of the gate hitting Christian Wilkins for a mountainous-man TD within the outlet drive, making the defensive take care of the sixth player weighing 300-plus pounds to do away with a receiving TD this season. This was once Fitzmagic’s 2d sport this season with three passing TDs earlier than halftime. He had a whopping 252 yards on the half of but carried out the day with 419 yards and 4 touchdowns.
2. Although the Bengals (1-14) lost this day, it wants to be considerable that a crew with the worst scoring offense within the league was once in a characteristic to rating 23 points within the closing six minutes to force the sport into overtime. After a missed FG by Miami gradual within the fourth quarter, the Bengals took wait on by scoring support-to-support TDs (Tyler Boyd [9/128/2] and Tyler Eifert [4/57/1]) and two-level conversions with an onside kick restoration in between to tie the sport. After a tough originate, Andy Dalton carried out with 396 yards and 4 touchdowns. But it with out a doubt was once somewhat of too vital, too gradual. Cincinnati is officially on the clock. They would possibly maybe well’ve lost the sport, but they locked down the draft derive struggle. With this loss, the Bengals comprise the predominant overall derive of the 2020 NFL Draft. Right here is the predominant time since 2003 after they drafted Carson Palmer out of USC.
3. It felt enjoy Fitzpatrick was once slinging it to someone who would do away with a circulation. Forward of the pause of the predominant quarter, wideout DeVante Parker surpassed 1,000 yards in a season for the predominant time in his profession. He moreover grew to alter into the predominant Dolphin with 1,000 receiving yards and 9 receiving TDs within the the same season since Chris Chambers in 2005. Tight pause Mike Gesicki moreover had a mountainous day scoring two of Miami’s 5 touchdowns of the day.
— Lakisha Wesseling
Oakland Raiders 24, Los Angeles Chargers 17
1. The Raiders (7-8) are improbably silent eligible for the playoffs. Or no longer it isn’t inconceivable that they derive in either. Oakland wanted 9 issues to interrupt its manner within the closing two weeks of the season. Five took establish Sunday, requiring four explicit outcomes in Week 17: Raiders over Broncos, Texans over Titans, Ravens over Steelers and Colts over Jaguars. It would possibly maybe in all probability well well affect a four-crew cluster with 8-8 records, and Oakland would prevail thanks to its Week 4 select over the Colts and a superior energy of victory proportion than the Steelers.
2. If every sport is an audition for Derek Carr with coach Jon Gruden, he would appear to comprise passed Sunday. He most ceaselessly came all over the open receiver, even though it wasn’t downfield as assuredly as his coach would dangle. Carr finished 26 of 30 passes for 297 yards and two touchdowns, alongside with one on the ground. It was once the largest performance for Carr after his lackluster play contributed to four consecutive losses coming into this weekend.
3. What was once supposed to be a Chargers send-off earlier than they head to SoFi Stadium in 2020 was one other farewell celebration for the Raiders of their outmoded establish of foundation. The Chargers’ closing sport at Dignity Successfully being Sports Park went about apart from that it is likely you’ll well presumably question pondering it was once in front of a legion of Raiders followers. Philip Rivers, who played thru an obvious thumb ruin, had to burn a timeout because he couldn’t hear a fourth-down call. He tried to rally Los Angeles support from a 14-level deficit within the 2d half of by leading a pair of scoring drives. However the Chargers (5-10) never had possession with of venture to so vital as tie within the 2d half of. It was once their ninth one-possession lack of the season.
— Adam Maya
Denver Broncos 27, Detroit Lions 17
1. This one was once for pride, and every teams played with it. The Lions jumped out to a 10-0 lead following a 64-yard punt return for a touchdown by Jamal Agnew. Denver tied it by halftime, earlier than the two teams traded leads within the 2d half of. Too vital Phillip Lindsay somehow proved to be the adaptation. He rushed for 64 yards after the ruin and 109 overall. His 27-yard touchdown bustle midway thru the fourth quarter made it a two-possession sport. A Lions offense that produced fair 191 yards wasn’t going to beat that.
2. Drew Lock has gained yet again. He was once pretty liable for it too. The rookie quarterback was once more solid than stellar in his fourth originate, ending 25 of 33 passes for 192 yards and a touchdown with out a interceptions. Denver (6-9) had fair three wins thru the predominant 11 games of the season. Or no longer it is gained three of 4 with Lock because the starter. He’s simply given John Elway one thing to ponder because the Broncos face one other offseason with questions about their long-time length plans at QB.
3. Incessantly ought to you lose, you select. The Lions (3-11-1) enter the closing week of the unique-or-garden season positioned to draft third overall in 2020. They’ve of venture to affect the 2d derive with a loss to the Packers subsequent week and a Redskins select over the Cowboys. Lions owner Martha Firestone Ford opened this past week declaring 2d-three hundred and sixty five days coach Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn would possibly maybe well be support subsequent season. She moreover acknowledged she expects to be a playoff contender. Building thru the draft is key for a crew that wants more skills and is no longer in any respect times continually in a characteristic to design high free brokers.
— Adam Maya